• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Did this recruiting class solve all issues?

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

No doubt but can you win with him as a starter or is he just confined to being a 15-20mpg at most role player?

at this level you cant. I am even nervous when he gets in late for defense and there isnt a dead ball, for fear of "cheap play" by them fouling him because he isnt good from the line.  But I did see him take some short little jumpers last year from just inside the elbow, and he knocked a couple down.  form isnt awful.

Tunstall is a role player, but he can be very productive as such. Didn’t he have a huge block against Morgan that sent the game into OT? I’m also thinking of another game maybe where he had a key block. Point is, a role player like him can potentially steal you a win here & there.

McNeill-with Betrand, Fobbs, Drayton & Timberlake I’m hoping he’s capped at about 10 minutes per game

I'd have to see more of Drayton. He didn't show much last season when I saw him in October. He's from my area so hoping he can get stronger and show that he's more than just a pretty good shooter. But that class needs to show something. Not sure Prophete is even a D1 player.  I think Ingram is just so athletic that he might figure it out one day for Hampton or wherever he's going to be in two years. 

I definitely think Tunstall can be a great role player. He was playing injured last season with a foot issue so hopefully he'll be even more athletic at full health. Tough to play him full-time without much offense but he can probably double Al's offensive output.

From what you saw of him last fall, before he was redshirted, what do you believe were Drayton’s deficiencies & strengths? As I see it, we need a couple guys who can knock down 3’s. Could he & Fobbs (and maybe Howard & Timberlake) be those guys?

Drayton can shoot but not much else but again, I only saw him in preseason. I think he put on some weight. Needs to improve defense and handle just to name a few.