• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2019 Basketball Offers

I found this video of Jason Gibson scoring 28 points against St. John's. That's the same team that has Mike's little (better?) brother Casey Morsell, a 4* g aurd who is going to Virginia. I'm not saying he lit up Casey for all those points, but it looks as though he guarded him some. Morsell is No. 14 and 6-2, 185+. But that's impressive as hell. 

Gibson’s Sidwell team beat Wilson for the DC HS championship. The same Wilson team with 6’9 twins Makhi & Makhel Mitchell, who are committed to MD. This kid can ball. Would love to see Skerry sign him

I've watched more of Gibson's highlights and I think you can scrutinize everybody in a video where they don't show the lowlights. They don't show the five turnovers he had but again, he's going against a big-time HS player and a great program. The fact that he can score 28 against them is beyond impressive. I really enjoy his passing because he likely won't have to score or won't able to score much at the next level. Not saying that's a bad thing because we need somebody that can the bigs the rock, get Fobbs and Gray the ball on the perimeter, break down guys off the dribble and make the open shot. Defense appears to be serviceable and he's added some muscle to his frame. Will need a bit more if he gets here but we have an excellent strength program. He's impressive.

• Like 1

I’m cautiously optimistic we can get him. He had an offer from Bryant (the school Byron Hawkins played for last season) but I read somewhere they got another guard & aren’t in play for Gibson anymore. Kids always post on Twitter when they get a scholarship offer; Gibson posted he got one from us & has no subsequent posts about any other offers.

I also like the N Virginia kid, Buckley, but he has a ton of offers. Also like Jaylin Hunter up in Connecticut. He’s got a couple other offers, including ODU & Boston U. 

I've seen very few right-handed HS players or even college players that use their left hand that well.

I think we're going hard after Hunter, and the two North Carolina guys, Caleb Burgess and Shykiem Phillips. Not sure about Buckley. Both of those NC guys have a lot of decent mid-majors after them. Hofstra and UMBC after Burgess, Kent State, ECU and ODU and others after Phillips.

Sometimes you have to beat out stiff competition for recruits. If you can’t occasionally “steal” one from better programs, you’ve got a problem. This is a crucial recruiting class for this staff. If they have another Drayton, Ingram, Prophete class, we’re screwed. I’m sure Skerry knows this, but can he close some of these deals?