• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2019 Basketball Offers

I could see that happening since he's Solomon’s brother. He was never going to get much playing time there. But his FT numbers are insanely bad. He was 7 of 26 this year. He 7-0, 220 and appears to be primarily a role player.

His scouting report coming out of HS

Strengths:
Uyaelunmo is an extra long, athletic and mobile center. He is a an excellent shot blocker, rebounder and above the rim finisher. He sores in the post over his left shoulder. Uyaelunmo runs the floor well for his size and is quick off his feet. He also is a tip dunk threat on the offensive glass.

Weaknesses:
Uyaelunmo will need to add strength, smooth out his release on his shot and continue to gain valuable playing experience, feel and skill development.

Bottom Line:
Uyaelunmo is a very athletic center. His defense and rebounding are currently ahead of his offense especially in the shot blocking department although he can score better that advertised. Uyaelunmo is a high major center on size and athletic ability and defensive production alone.

He’s very limited on offense. Averaged 6mpg & 0.8 ppg. I could see him as a useful role player on a team that needs a big to come in for a few minutes & grab a few boards and block a shot or two. But we need shooters, not another athlete who can’t shoot. 

76412F09-5F7F-4B1F-8722-1EFF1B11A4E1.png

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

I could see that happening since he's Solomon’s brother. He was never going to get much playing time there. But his FT numbers are insanely bad. He was 7 of 26 this year. He 7-0, 220 and appears to be primarily a role player.

His scouting report coming out of HS

Strengths:
Uyaelunmo is an extra long, athletic and mobile center. He is a an excellent shot blocker, rebounder and above the rim finisher. He sores in the post over his left shoulder. Uyaelunmo runs the floor well for his size and is quick off his feet. He also is a tip dunk threat on the offensive glass.

Weaknesses:
Uyaelunmo will need to add strength, smooth out his release on his shot and continue to gain valuable playing experience, feel and skill development.

Bottom Line:
Uyaelunmo is a very athletic center. His defense and rebounding are currently ahead of his offense especially in the shot blocking department although he can score better that advertised. Uyaelunmo is a high major center on size and athletic ability and defensive production alone.

Need to replace an Alex Thomas type player on D who was typically on the number 1 big on opposing teams  (but ideally with some more offense) 

Edited by sr16

13 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

He’s very limited on offense. Averaged 6mpg & 0.8 ppg. I could see him as a useful role player on a team that needs a big to come in for a few minutes & grab a few boards and block a shot or two. But we need shooters, not another athlete who can’t shoot. 

He's a center and would have to sit out. Sanders is gone. Tunstall is gone. I'm not saying he's the guy but you need size to replace those two in 2020-21.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

A halfway athletic 7 footer in the CAA, I'll take my chances and bring him on board.

Ok, maybe, but I’m still not crazy about the idea. If it did happen, he & Solomon would both be juniors after older brother sat out next year. One question I would have is whether there is anyone on our staff capable of coaching up a big like this kid, during the year he would sit out? If not, I say pass & go after a 6’8 or 6’9 kid with a bit more polish on offense. I just don’t want another kid who can’t throw a beach ball in the ocean.

21 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Ok, maybe, but I’m still not crazy about the idea. If it did happen, he & Solomon would both be juniors after older brother sat out next year. One question I would have is whether there is anyone on our staff capable of coaching up a big like this kid, during the year he would sit out? If not, I say pass & go after a 6’8 or 6’9 kid with a bit more polish on offense. I just don’t want another kid who can’t throw a beach ball in the ocean.

I’m not going that concerned with offense at center if you have guy that can defend, block shots and rebound. 

So. I don’t know how to post this clip of Gibson being interviewed by a DC tv station. While it doesn’t outright say he’s coming here, it certainly sounds that way.

BADE22F5-6FDB-44BF-893D-52782A1F5921.png

4 hours ago, TSU88 said:

The kid can play . No one in the CAA can match up with him. He’s 232 and may approach 250 at Towson. Very athletic and just learning how to play as a true 7footer. Not really getting the chance at SC to contribute. Block shots and go 15-15 in the CAA.