• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2019 Basketball Offers

This reads we offered him last summer. His twitter claims he also has an offer from Canisus. Us & Canisus appear to be his only D1 offers. Interesting trivia note-he’s the son of former MLB outfielder Mike Cameron

99306E5F-771C-46CB-A725-6EEAC4AE8D35.png

Edited by TSU88

Well, I assume we offered him out of HS and now he's at a prep school. Mike Cameron was a great athlete and outstanding defender. It's very hard to tell what his game is like because the videos are filmed poorly. Certainly the three-point shooting percentage looks good.

I agree that there’s not much film on him. And yes, the 3-point shooting % sounds good, though I’d like to see more video & see specific stats. 

Ok, so I found his stats online. Leading scorer on his team at 14ppg. Shot 57% on 2’s (90-159); shot 46% on 3’s (40-87).  So he shot 53% overall. Also shot 77% from the foul line. Team went 22-9. No idea what the caliber of competition was like.

I'm not sure Javier Turner can help next season. He might be redshirt as a freshman. But he can run the floor like a deer and should be a pretty good shotblocker. Really good ballhandler. Offensive game looks very raw and needs to get stronger but he would be an intriguing guy for the future knowing that Tunstall and Sanders will be gone next season.