• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2019 Basketball Offers

10 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I'm not sure Javier Turner can help next season. He might be redshirt as a freshman. But he can run the floor like a deer and should be a pretty good shotblocker. Really good ballhandler. Offensive game looks very raw and needs to get stronger but he would be an intriguing guy for the future knowing that Tunstall and Sanders will be gone next season.

His competition doesn't look to big or tough, but unlike any of our bigs, he finished through contact quit a bit and had good hands and handles.

15 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

His competition doesn't look to big or tough, but unlike any of our bigs, he finished through contact quit a bit and had good hands and handles.

His competition looks bad, which is why he's likely been lightly recruited until lately. But any big that can the floor like that and has those type of handles is intriguing to say the least.

Saw something online, team factory twitter page, that says Turner is in the 2020, not 2019, class. He is intriguing, but if he’s 2020, he might blow up & be too rich for our blood. With so many transfers out there, it’ll be interesting to see if PS goes in that direction with 1 or both of the 2 remaining scholarships for this fall.

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Saw something online, team factory twitter page, that says Turner is in the 2020, not 2019, class. He is intriguing, but if he’s 2020, he might blow up & be too rich for our blood. With so many transfers out there, it’ll be interesting to see if PS goes in that direction with 1 or both of the 2 remaining scholarships for this fall.

I'm guessing he was re-classified. Or maybe he's going Prep? What is Omaha Central?

UNSIGNED SENIOR: 2019 Omaha Central (NE) 6-10 PF/C Javier Turner has fallen under the radar. This big man weighs 230lbs, has great feet, solid shot blocker, above average ball-handling ability, plays physical down low, & runs the floor well. 3.4 GPA 18 ACT

On 4/5/2019 at 8:37 PM, mat1992 said:

I'm guessing he was re-classified. Or maybe he's going Prep? What is Omaha Central?

UNSIGNED SENIOR: 2019 Omaha Central (NE) 6-10 PF/C Javier Turner has fallen under the radar. This big man weighs 230lbs, has great feet, solid shot blocker, above average ball-handling ability, plays physical down low, & runs the floor well. 3.4 GPA 18 ACT

He is a 2019 recruit.  Omaha Central

HS. , Omaha ,NE.looks like the clips are from recruit circuit. I like him.

One of many transfers we’re apparently looking at. 6’3 guard. Would be a sit one/play 2. Shot 50% from 2 last year; 35% from 3. Averaged 10.6 ppg last season. Terrible foul shooter (57%. Not much better as a freshman either). Did average about 1.5 steals per game though. 

He’s from Missouri, so if staying close to home is an issue, SIU would have the upper hand. Or, he may just stay at UMKC. The interest from Nevada was from Eric Mussel man's staff. Musselman is no longer the Nevada coach, having taken the Arkansas job.

Btw, UMKC has ELEVEN players in the transfer portal!!!

Edited by TSU88

I saw the numbers. Meh. Maybe he's strong defensively. Was a much better three-point shooter as a freshman (41.7%). There are plenty of options out there.

I agree; given the number of options out there, I’d rather use 1 of the open scholarships on a HS kid, or even a JUCO or sit one transfer with more of a ceiling than this guy. Maybe McKissic is a Morman type; I wouldn’t be wowed if we landed this guy. I know another poster criticized my infatuation with Sam Iorio, because he’s not “athletic” enough, but I’ll take a guy who can shoot, even if he doesn’t possess the measurables, over a guy who can jump out the building and bench press a school bus, but can’t shoot.