• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2019 Basketball Offers

According to a Jeff Goodman article posted on www.verbalcommits.com, a forward transfer out of Nebraska (Dedoch Chan) is considering an offer from Towson.  Let's pass on him and get the quality point guard and deadly shooter we all want.

https://watchstadium.com/news/comprehensive-list-of-college-basketball-players-transferring-12-29-2018/

Looks like the major schools cooled off on Koby Isaac (6'3" 160?) since he received early interest as a HS sophomore and no published interest from anyone in 2018 (at least according to verbal commits).  Looks like Towson and La Salle are the only mid-majors to have shown recent interest.

14 minutes ago, Tigerone94 said:

According to a Jeff Goodman article posted on www.verbalcommits.com, a forward transfer out of Nebraska (Dedoch Chan) is considering an offer from Towson.  Let's pass on him and get the quality point guard and deadly shooter we all want.

https://watchstadium.com/news/comprehensive-list-of-college-basketball-players-transferring-12-29-2018/

Why pass on a 6-8 big who can rebound and can play right away (2nd semester?) who appears has three years left? Seems pretty athletic and versatile. I guess we'll still have two more ships available for a 1 and a 2.

https://www.cornnation.com/2018/10/2/17907244/2018-nebraska-basketball-player-profiles-dedoch-chan

At the moment we have 2 open ships. Biggest need is PG. my kingdom for a quality PG!!! After that, my preference would be a 2 guard who can actually shoot. He could compete with Timberlake for minutes next year, while Fobbs plays the 3 spot. 

Next year we’ll have Gray, Sanders, Tunstall & Thompson up front. I’m hoping Sanders steps up his game next season because I think he’s underperformed so far this year. Gray is a question mark-he averaged what, 6-8 ppg at USD before transferring. Tunstall will perhaps be 1 of the leading rebounders in the conference next year, but anything over 6ppg from him is gravy (sort of like Parker-Rivera was, though Tunstall is a better rebounder). Doubtful Thompson will have much of an offensive impact next season as a freshman. Does anyone know what his numbers are so far in his senior year of HS? So, where does the front court scoring come from next season? I wouldn’t object if we got this Nebraska transfer. Who knows, when all is said & done, we might have more than 2 ships open for next season. 

1 hour ago, Tigerone94 said:

you can never have enough athletic wings and forwards...

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

At the moment we have 2 open ships. Biggest need is PG. my kingdom for a quality PG!!! After that, my preference would be a 2 guard who can actually shoot. He could compete with Timberlake for minutes next year, while Fobbs plays the 3 spot. 

Next year we’ll have Gray, Sanders, Tunstall & Thompson up front. I’m hoping Sanders steps up his game next season because I think he’s underperformed so far this year. Gray is a question mark-he averaged what, 6-8 ppg at USD before transferring. Tunstall will perhaps be 1 of the leading rebounders in the conference next year, but anything over 6ppg from him is gravy (sort of like Parker-Rivera was, though Tunstall is a better rebounder). Doubtful Thompson will have much of an offensive impact next season as a freshman. Does anyone know what his numbers are so far in his senior year of HS? So, where does the front court scoring come from next season? I wouldn’t object if we got this Nebraska transfer. Who knows, when all is said & done, we might have more than 2 ships open for next season. 

I've heard some good things about Thompson in terms of double-doubles but haven't found a complete site for stats on St. Stephens & Agnes. The Nebraska transfer reminds me somewhat of Gray, who is more of a 3/4. I know the San Diego numbers are not great though better in his freshman season but remember, Pusica's numbers weren't great either. Not saying Gray will be CAA Player of the Year material. But he will be an improvement in terms of scoring in the frontcourt and hopefully he adds about 10lbs. I think Nebraska did the same thing we did with Selcuk they did with Chan. Just adding a body in the last second, hoping he could help. Obviously, he's not a P5 player.

Chan played 1 year of JUCO ball at Mississippi Gulf Coast CC, where he averaged 17ppg & 8.6 rpg. Shot 47% from the field & 31% on 3’s which I guess isn’t bad for a 6’8 guy. No guarantees we’re getting him, as he’s looking at several other schools-Washington State, San Diego & FIU

26 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Chan played 1 year of JUCO ball at Mississippi Gulf Coast CC, where he averaged 17ppg & 8.6 rpg. Shot 47% from the field & 31% on 3’s which I guess isn’t bad for a 6’8 guy. No guarantees we’re getting him, as he’s looking at several other schools-Washington State, San Diego & FIU

He’s worth a look.