• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Basketball Mat

Roster Released

The official roster has been released on the web. I’am seeing a nice foundation laid by Coach Skerry for 

the foreseeable future with the incoming freshman. This team has a lot of talent on the roster. I personally 

don’t think scoring will be an issue with this team. Fobbs can score from the perimeter, along with Timberlake 

who can score the ball from anywhere on the floor. Betrand is a slasher who can dribble drive. Solomon, Sanders

Selcuk can be solid inside as well. You have experience with Thomas and Tunstall. Running the whole show is 

Tobias and Dottin. Easy baskets will come in transition with solid defense and an uptempo play. They do lack that

6’10 - 6’11 player. But considering everything  that took place with the transfers ( which is a problem everywhere) 

I give Skerry a B +. I am looking forward to the season and the team geling together, gaining valuable experience and confidence 

Edited by Basketball Mat

That's pretty early for the roster to be out and before the fall football roster. Really don't need a 6-10 or 6-11 player in the CAA though that would be a nice bonus if they can play. We've had a few of those who couldn't. What they need is a point guard that can run the show, score, dish and limit the turnovers. Everything else will follow if Howard can be the guy for two years.

What I do like is how big the freshmen are. Even Drayton is now 206 pounds at 6-4 after being listed around 180 last year. Solomon U. at 6-7, 230,Selcuk at 6-7, 235, Dottin is big for a point guard at 6-2, 211, thought Timberlake was a little bigger than 190 at 6-4. Fobbs is a solid 213 at 6-4. Big Al up to 268 but I think he'd be a little more effective at 250ish. 

http://towsontigers.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

11 hours ago, mat1992 said:

. Really don't need a 6-10 or 6-11 player in the CAA though that would be a nice bonus if they can play.

exactly. 

Lets remember these guys have not played college hoops yet. Not expecting a high scoring team this year.  

That's what makes this team a mystery but also should be fun to watch. You really don't know what to expect with so many players who have no D1 experience (Drayton, Dottin, Timberlake, Selcuk, Solomon, Fobbs, Betrand). But Sanders and Howard do have some.