• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

JMU Rivals article on Towson Football

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Great. An immature QB who had a bad spring. What could possibly go wrong?😳

You do realize that they have no clue about Tom Flacco....It's just an odd article with same strange quotes from Ambrose. But I basically insinuated all that stuff in the spring, that Stover struggled and wasn't even playing because he had some issues. And that they would hopefully bring in some competition. They did and I believe even Tristan Harris it not competing for the qb spot. More like a change in position.

Possibly or there might be another option at qb who hasn't arrived yet. I think they really want Miller to redshirt unless he comes in and is just too good to sit. .

I realize T Flacco is onboard, but he has very little history as a college QB-didn’t play at Rutgers & played sparingly at WMU. Maybe he’ll come in & set the world on fire, but either way, RA’s blunt assessment of Stover is discouraging & I’m assuming they would prefer not to burn Miller’s red shirt year. 

Flacco is likely the guy not because of Western Mich but because he’s older and has leadership qualities. And A little FBS experience doesn’t hurt.

While I don't want to burn Miller's red shirt I'm not sure if Ambrose cares.  I'd think he has to be feeling the pressure of not making the playoffs.  We've had some bad breaks and injuries but you can only keep saying that for so long.  He knows it's time to put up or shut up.

He can play Miller four games and still redshirt him under the new rules. That's something they can test with a lot of these freshmen but I don't see that unless Flacco gets hurt or is terrible. Stover obviously has to get his act together but as I mentioned above, they may not want to take that chance and could add another guy for insurance purposes.

1 hour ago, griggey20 said:

While I don't want to burn Miller's red shirt I'm not sure if Ambrose cares.  I'd think he has to be feeling the pressure of not making the playoffs.  We've had some bad breaks and injuries but you can only keep saying that for so long.  He knows it's time to put up or shut up.

exactly. 

as the old saying goes.."if you have 4 qb's, you really have none"