• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Full Roster is now out -finally

Well, to be fair, I’m not pessimistic on every pickup, and hope this kid catches 50-60 balls this season. Having said that, it arouses my curiosity when I read how he’s had a history of indecisiveness & school hopping; backed out on UNC, transferred from UCLA, linked to Syracuse but that didn’t come to pass, transferred to Pitt, only to leave there. I’m hoping for the best. We shall see.

12 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Well, to be fair, I’m not pessimistic on every pickup, and hope this kid catches 50-60 balls this season. Having said that, it arouses my curiosity when I read how he’s had a history of indecisiveness & school hopping; backed out on UNC, transferred from UCLA, linked to Syracuse but that didn’t come to pass, transferred to Pitt, only to leave there. I’m hoping for the best. We shall see.

If everything was perfect. he wouldn't be coming here. Like I said, massive talent. . I'm sure if you look into every player who is transferring in, there's something up. 

Meanwhile, it also appears we got an O-Line transfer from Charlotte. A kid originally from Frederick County. 

I’m still concerned about the RB position. I like that we appeared to have shored up CB. Looks like we have good depth on O-Line & WR;  also still concerned about D-Line

Oh yeah, forgot about Mark Shetletski, from Urbana, who was supposed to go to Charlotte. Good size at 6-4, 300. Not sure if he ever got to the school, redshirted or went prep. I believe he's a guard so not sure if he's technically a transfer. Or if he's going to compete for a rotation spot on the line. But he was an FBS commit so must have some talent.

I do understand the pessimism when it comes to the transfers. But I think the issues center around the quarterback position. That's why I'm not predicting playoffs because I have no clue whether any of these three new qbs can play at the FCS level. But the good thing is that we have three so hopefully at least one pans out. I think Mahalak would have been a pretty good quarterback had he stayed healthy. I can't blame them for bringing him in. But Brennan, Peterson, Chris Hart, etc. were disasters.

I think we had some pretty good pickups last season. Leatherbury, Greenwood, Ventemiglia. Unfortunately, there we also misses on OT D'Mitri Francis, TE Metise Moore (not listed on roster), and the two grad transfers in CJ Williams and Tsimis (both hurt). Also added Troy Vincent Jr. and DE John Lambert who both sat out.

Any playoff talk should be thrown out at this point since we have no proven QB. More likely a repeat or worse of last year. Just disappointing all around. I'll keep my fingers crossed though...

3 hours ago, tualum said:

Any playoff talk should be thrown out at this point since we have no proven QB. More likely a repeat or worse of last year. Just disappointing all around. I'll keep my fingers crossed though...

Why would it be worse than last year? We had no healthy running backs save for two true freshmen and a backup quarterback that wasn't ready to play. Still finished 5-6. Beat Delaware. We lost at Elon in OT. Lost to supposedly great Stony Brook by 8 on the road. Not saying we were good but we're not that far away if we can find a decent qb from 3 new players and keep Shane Simpson healthy.

47 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

Wow -- seven QBs on the roster: Harris, Epps, Rose, Flacco, Miller, Stover, Raines. Can you have too many?

Some guys will likely change positions.