• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Full Roster is now out -finally

As mentioned, Daniel Rose is a newcomer and a quarterback, like fighting for the starting job with Stover and Flacco. Love his athletic ability, though strange delivery. 

Terrill Gillette is a needed-cornerback at 5-10, 185-pounder from Philly, who played juco ball in California. 

Heard anything about this new QB?  I watched his hudl clip & he looks to be quite athletic-a read option type that I’ve been clamoring for us to get for some time. 

10 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Heard anything about this new QB?  I watched his hudl clip & he looks to be quite athletic-a read option type that I’ve been clamoring for us to get for some time. 

He's fun to watch. I almost think if he doesn't win the starting job, you need to get him on the field either at RB/WR/PR. Flacco isn't slow so at least we have to very athletic options to go with Miller and Stover.

I really like the additions of Shuman, Gillette, Rose and Flacco. But the key guy could be Chris Clark. If this kid lives up to his size and potential, we have something we've never really had and that's a complete tight end. I mean a stud one and we have a pretty good young one in Myles Wright. From UCLA to Pitt. One of top tight ends to come out of HS in the country in 2015. Had to step away due to some issues last year.

https://247sports.com/Player/Chris-Clark-16169/high-school-53992

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pitt/2017/03/24/Expected-to-take-over-at-tight-end-Chris-Clark-finally-settles-in-at-Pitt/stories/201703240094

What year is he in? Junior? Senior? Certainly sounds good on paper, but I’ve had my hopes dashed before when it comes to big name PAC 12 transfers (Morgan Mahalak, cough cough)

Yes, you needn’t remind me that comparing Clark to Mahalak is like comparing an 🍎 to an 🍊. Still, there’s a reason all these guys transfer in the 1st place. Some pan out, some don’t 

48 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

What year is he in? Junior? Senior? Certainly sounds good on paper, but I’ve had my hopes dashed before when it comes to big name PAC 12 transfers (Morgan Mahalak, cough cough)

Yes, you needn’t remind me that comparing Clark to Mahalak is like comparing an 🍎 to an 🍊. Still, there’s a reason all these guys transfer in the 1st place. Some pan out, some don’t 

I believe Clark has two years. I don't get the pessimism on every pick up. So Mahalak was hurt for two years? What does that have to do with a guy who comes from Pitt and was recruited by UCLA? 

I don't guarantee anything when it comes to transfers. They transfer for a reason and they are 50-50 but we have not had a lot of guys that at 6-6, 265 and can run as a 4* athlete. I think James Oboh was a two* coming from FAU and turned out pretty well. This kid has all the tools and has played some at Pitt. Had 16 catches for 122 yards with a TD last year, so he has some experience.

We also added two pretty good corners. We might be able to move Troy Vincent Jr. to safety or play all three. Still need a pass rusher, maybe one more interior offensive lineman and of course, another back.

• Like 1