• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Recruiting

On paper, the talent on this football team continues to improve. In terms of stars, we normally have just a few guys that are 2 or 3 stars. On the current roster, which could always change we have:

*-new this year

WR Jabari Greenwood 3* recruit

*WR Chris Greaves 3* recruit 247 sports

*S/CB Troy Vincent 3* Scout, 247 sports

RB Shane Simpson 3*247 sportsf

LB Keon Paye 3* ESPN, rivals, 247 sports

*QB Jeff Miller 2* 247 sports

*OLB Nygil Johnson 2* Scout

S Coby Tippett 2* ESPN

*LB Dymelle Parker 3* ESPN

TE Ellis Knudson 2* Rivals

*TE Myles Wright 3* ESPN, 2* Rivals

*TE Chris Clark  4* everywhere

*CB Brandon Shuman 3*

*CB Robert Javier 2* 247 sports

Really hoping we let this talent shine in 2018.  I like being the underdog and trying to prove everyone wrong.  A playoff season would be a great way to shut up all the haters (especially on this board).

8 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

Really hoping we let this talent shine in 2018.  I like being the underdog and trying to prove everyone wrong.  A playoff season would be a great way to shut up all the haters (especially on this board).

My point was we have eight players who didn't play last season who are 2, 3 or 4 stars. And that could change as well. But I get it, nobody cares. I'll see this team next week and to be honest, this is the most anticipated summer practice in years. 

As to nobody caring, I think the apathy of TU students & alum is beyond dispute-I offer as exhibit A the 4K attendance for the home playoff game vs Fordham, the year we made the championship game run.

Now, speaking for myself, I will be at every home game, but must confess a degree of ambivalence as it relates to the football program, stemming from the failure to capitalize on the championship game appearance in January 2014, the infuriating losses to the likes of Central Connecticut State, URI & Elon (when they stunk), the spectacular flame outs of ballyhooed transfers like Olsen & Mahalak (in Mahalak’s case, no ones fault, just bad luck), the refusal to bring in a new OC, which smacks of nepotism, and my own perception that the comments in the media of the HC sometimes make him come across as a snake oil salesmen.

As for the players you listed in your post that started this thread, I will be pulling for them, and wish them great success, the same as I do for all the players representing my alma mater. No one would be happier than I were they to collectively vault us back into the playoffs. But unless & until that happens, I will continue to view this program with a jaundiced eye 

I understand the reticence to having any faith in this program this year. 

However, let me say this. Ambrose has been backed into a corner and basically told, now or never. They can't get rid of any more coaches aside from his brother. They've done the housecleaning and all early reports are that it appears to have re-energized the team. Who knows what the means for the season but in terms of early recruiting, the changes have been good. Bring in a guy like Justin Harper, who was just in Ravens camp nine years ago. He's 33 now and even though he didn't have much of a career in the NFL, he knows what it takes to get there and it helps to be 6-3, 225.

I'll just say this, the roster on the website is still not complete. Why am I excited about this team? I'll know more next week when I see them in pads. I can only say what I've heard and seen on paper. You can pick 4-7 or 0-11, it doesn't matter or make any sense with 80% of the team returning. If we are going to have a downgrade at quarterback after Stover, I get the pessimism. That's highly doubtful. Everybody says this he is the real deal but I have to see him first. Flacco might be a slightly shorter Enders. We shall see. Another 5-6 season? 4-7? 2-9? Of course that can happen if we lose those two QBs.

When you say the roster is still not complete, are you intimating they’re adding more players? Hasn’t summer practice already started? 

And just to clarify, “everybody says he is the real deal but I have to see him first.” Are you referring to Stover, Flacco or Miller? 

But the fact that the AD and others needed to step to convince the coach to make the changes is beyond troubling.  

We are stuck in the 90s with this program.  Fullbacks a 4-3 defense 

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

But the fact that the AD and others needed to step to convince the coach to make the changes is beyond troubling.  

We are stuck in the 90s with this program.  Fullbacks a 4-3 defense 

What’s 1990’s about a fullback and the 4-3.? Obviously,  you have little insight into the program 2012.  I came out that the offense is moving to an no huddle package.

18 hours ago, TSU88 said:

When you say the roster is still not complete, are you intimating they’re adding more players? Hasn’t summer practice already started? 

Yes more players are coming. Just don’t know how many