• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TowsonU alumi2003

2018 Tiger Offense

First time poster, long time viewer. Extremely intrigued by the talent level of the 2018 Tigers, but skeptical about Coach. Hoping he proves me wrong. Interested in the battle for QB1. First off, Flacco seems like a a great athlete. He has all the measurables and obviously has the right genes to play the position. BUT, when push comes to shove, I am a huge stover fan. Three time rookie of the week with not much help around him. He has the athleticism to be one of the greats and has the arm to back it up. I am also extremely impressed with his football IQ. With his experience from last year, I think he could potentially break out into the FCS national spotlight. 

On another note: Receivers like Sam Gallahan, Jabari Allen, and Rutowski are all poised for big years. Extremely impressed with all three. Their length, athleticism, and from what I hear, their work ethic, is unmatched in the program. Coach Jared Ambrose has done a terrific job bringing out the best with that position group. 

Good Luck Players.

Go Tigers!!!

Welcome to the board as a first-time poster. I think Stover is QB3 unless they decide to redshirt Miller. He's more athletic than Miller but not as athletic as Flacco. I'm curious to see if they keep Rose at quarterback or more him to WR. He's a great athlete. Not as high on Stover after his "issues" in the spring. Had 13 picks in his first season. Sacked just 18 times behind an O-line that wasn't great but I thought they did a decent job pass blocking and not very decent job run blocking. I think with Miller in the fold he really has to up his game. 

But I'll hopefully see a very interesting QB competition next week. I think Flacco is the guy to start out. We'll see after the first few weeks. 

I do like the WRs. Don't forget Chris Greaves. He's another burner and has put on about 15lbs. Love Jabari Allen. Greenwood is solid. I do like Rutkowski but I don't know where he fits. You have Greenwood, Allen, Leatherbury as likely starters with Gallahan, B.Richardson, Dorsey/Greaves in the mix.Then Rutwowski, Staub, B. Allen, C. Smith, etc. The biggest addition literally and figuratively is Chris Clark. He's a beast with athletic ability. If he lives up to his potential at TE, nobody will be able to check him.

RA in an early summer report, gave the impression that Stover “is enjoying being a college student”. Mat,  I  believe that RA always has a “player to be named later” in his back pocket.  

6 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

RA in an early summer report, gave the impression that Stover “is enjoying being a college student”. Mat,  I  believe that RA always has a “player to be named later” in his back pocket.  

Yes he does, but it won't be another QB. 

Another first time- long timer here. Mat as a long time Tiger fan and a '96 graduate, I always value your opinion and appreciate the passion you bring.

On the 2018 offensive note, I am going to side with TowsonAlumni. Flacco seems to be solid but lets not jump on our high horse before he steps foot on the field. Towson is his third school in three years. Onto Stover, I am also a big fan. Watching that big body move the way he does is a true treat. The image from the Elon game particularly sticks out in my mind: he scampered about 20 yards, ran through a linebackers face, then proceeded to carry about 4 or 5 defenders to the goal line. He made a few freshman mistakes but those are expected. Let him grow! I BELIEVE this kid will be the real deal. As for his off the field issues, my sources tell me Coach Ambrose is really being a stickler with him. From what I've heard (from my sources), he is a great kid with a stellar work ethic.

Also to TowsonAlumni's point, I have heard great things about the receiving core. Gallahan and Parker seem to be the real deal. I hope this new WR coach is as good as advertised. Another year of chemistry with Stover and we could have something special on our hands.

See 20, do 20.

Go Tigers.

The fact that Stover missed most of the spring is not a good thing and that Flacco is a more mature leader is what gives him the edge. And don't leave out Jeff Miller. None of this matters until they take the field and show their stuff. But my sources say Flacco has the early edge, but again, it's very early. When they get in pads is when we'll see the real competition. But Rob's words about Stover after spring practice pretty much said it all. The best quarterback could be Miler, who knows. Rob can't afford to go with the second-best. He has to go with the best to win the job.

As for Flacco, he spent time with two FBS schools, not jucos or FCS. He may have a lot of untapped talent that hasn't been utilized. He could be Enders-lite or Enders-like, which is fine with me if we have a strong running game. He's a lot faster than Stover and while shorter, he's close to 210, so he's not small.

BTW, Joe Flacco barely played at Pitt and was stuck behind the great Tyler Palko. I think he did okay at Delaware for his two years. Not saying Tom will have the same success, but just because these guys rarely played at FBS, doesn't mean they'll end up like Joe Brennan. 

7 hours ago, TUTigers said:

Two new posters out of nowhere who randomly think Stover is the real deal..... 🤔🤔

Talking to the guy who made a post in April about Zane Martin not being a power 5 talent when he’s visiting Gonzaga and ole miss and Maryland ... and saying he was only a good player averaging 20 points a game.... I think he’ll do just fine... also I talked about the whole offense with the fact that I think stover should start, so what about the spring. The better quarterback should start, I think it’s stover. He also was the only one who played last year. If we went 5-6 last year with him and we are returning a lot of pieces let’s keep the same chemistry and exceed the predicted records everyone is saying. Also, Mat1992 atleast has an explanation, you just troll and say one sentence in ur post. 

LOL TUTigers..

Mat1992 all fair points, per usual. Interesting to see the similarities in paths between Tom and Joe. I think Tom has all the athletic tools. Onto Stover. For me, I just see him, with a year under his belt in the system, really turning this program around. I don't know the kid, nor do I know his family, and therefore I cannot speak to the person he is or the off the field issues. BUT from what I saw this year, minus a few freshman-expected turnovers, the kid can play the game and compete at a high level (i.e the Delaware game). I also believe that his extra year with the receiving corps will go a long way, compared to Flacco who will have to come in, learn the system, AND develop chemistry with our receiving crew. I would hate to see Sammy Gallahan waste the first half of his senior season due to lack of chemistry.

Anyone have any word on the Big hogs up front? We can talk about the quaterback battle all we want, but if those guys can't get it done up front we could see a last-year-like season all over again.

See 20, Do 20.

Go Tigers!