• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Wake Forest thread

I watched a decent amount of their game against Tulane last week.  It was a pretty sluggish game offensively from both teams.  Couldn't tell whether it was just bad execution or the defenses were decent.  I tend to lean toward the former.  Wake's QB is not afraid to run (think of that dude from Villanova who I refuse to spell) and he loves going to his favorite WR, Dortch.  Our defense is going to have to be on high alert in order to stay with these guys.  But, it'll be a good tune-up for when we have to play Nova the next week.

No real worthwhile info found in the WF forum. Some pokes at Towson, and a lotta talk about age difference between Flacco brothers, student body size, and graduate degrees offered at Wake Forest.  

They usually play FCS opponents that have no shot at playoffs. They did beat Delaware 38 - 21, 2 years ago. A season UD didn't make the playoffs & won 3 CAA games.

WF looking past us, but what can we expect if only looking at past 2-3 years of data.

Hopefully, the WF team, in addition to there message board, will be looking past us.

Realistically, we obviously have an uphill battle, but that’s why they play the game on the field, rather than on paper.

I don’t know anything about there D; on O they have a freshman QB who put up big numbers vs Tulane, though they only scored 17 points in regulation (& he threw 2 picks in regulation-1 might have been a pick 6).  We’ve got to force him into errors (or hope he makes some unforced errors). We better generate more of a pass rush than we did vs Morgan, otherwise WF’s QB will be confident & possibly slice & dice us. 

On O, we’ve got to be balanced to keep them honest & avoid costly TO’s. Keeping Flacco upright is key; he took too many hits vs Morgan. Hopefully our O line can open some holes & do a decent job on pass pro. 

Wake’s starting left tackle is out for the year. Not sure what, if any, difference that’ll make this Saturday, but their fans are certainly bemoaning it as a big loss for them going forward 

All websites I found, predict a Wake Forest win by 2 - 3 TD's. One thought the game will be closer than many think. If we keep the game within 2 TDs, I think we got a shot. If I could rate our FBS opponents over the years, I'd rate WF near the bottom in terms of a tough FBS team. East Carolina, who just lost to NC A&T, would be bottom. 

Vegas Insider: Towson vs Wake Forest +17.5