• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Villanova thread

This is a big game if this team wants to finish above 500 on the season, especially with the last 3 games on our schedule. Bednarcyzk always kills us as did Robertson before him..  Unfortunately his accuracy in the short passes and our serious inability to get any pressure on QB's is not a good recipe.

I don’t know about .500 when you’re facing a team on the road that has an FBS win. We’re not expected to win or even compete according to some. I think if we keep the game close, we should be ok. If not. It could be another 5-6 season because of playing JMU. 

There’s no doubt, Flacco makes us better. However, I don’t get the fact that we’re not dialing up any pressure in the first two games. Really no excuse against Morgan. I think Wakes tempo got to us yet with all the subbing we should have had more than one pressure all game. If you aren’t getting pressure with four,you have to blitz sometimes 

While early in the season, I still see this as a fork in the road game. Win & we’re 2-1 coming home; lose & we’re 1-2 & starting to feel like another ho-hum year.

Lets face it-if we lose this Saturday, our margin for error in making the playoffs is razor thin. We’d likely have to go 7-1 (maybe 6-2) the rest of the season. I’m not particularly interested in another 6-5 season; been there, done that. If that’s the goal then we’re setting for & accepting mediocrity. 

Our D obviously isn’t as good as the Morgan game would suggest. I’d like to think it isn’t as bad as the Wake game would suggest (we gave up in excess of 500 yards I believe). Honestly, while I hope I’m wrong, I believe the D is closer to the Wake end of the spectrum then the Morgan end. I have a feeling of dread that the Nova QB is going to do surgery on us. 

We'll we haven't had a 6-5 season so there's that but 5-6 is what we've been the last two years. That basically signals the end for this coaching staff at 5-6 though they wont cut the cord with 2 years left. I don't think losing to Villanova on the road means 5-6 or 6-5. The Citadel, Stony Brook, W&M, Maine (home), Albany and Elon (toughest on that schedule until JMU) are all doable. As bad as we were last year, we took Elon to OT. JMU is still team to beat. But losing to Nova would really mean we'd realistically have to win six of the last eight to get to 7 wins. Not impossible but we have to run the ball and play a more aggressive defensive style. 

Not going to fold the tent just for losing to Nova but not being able to compete (I think we will) would be devastating. We need to play with a chip on our shoulder and make a freakin' statement to the league that we're not the 10th-best team.

some pressure on the QB and blitzes would be nice, but over the past 10 years we have rarely gotten to the QB.  Makes the fact that running backs and TE's are always open down the middle, when we drop 7-8 even more frustrating

I was at the Temple-Villanova game and will be at the game Saturday. This will be a very tough game for us. Villanova beat Temple and they should of beaten them worse than they did. 

Need to control the ball and no turnovers to have a shot