• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Bucknell is back on the schedule

I don't love this matchup, we have nothing to gain from this as a home and home. Only reason we should even play them is with 2:1.

but cool website shows us playing Florida next year in the week leading up to the FL-Georgia game.  Anyone know how much we are getting paid to be UF's tackling dummies?

Hey, a lot of us (including me) thought we’d be LSU’s tackling dummies. Of course, that was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. 

If Wake dropped 51 on us (yeah, I know, 14 were on punt returns) I would think Florida might eclipse 60. 

I wonder if we are getting a quarter million or more? 

Marshall is getting (was getting) 1.2 million to play South Carolina. I would think it's closer to 1/2 million than a quarter million since that's what we made to play LSU in 2012. I have no problem with it and am thinking about taking a trip there. Playing LSU and competing with them (lost 38-22) was a major highlight for this program.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-towson-lsu-payout-20121001-story.html

Agree it will likely be closer to 1/2 million mark for a mid season SEC game. That seems to be the general going rate but hopefully even higher.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/6/22/11648368/scheduling-cupcake-guarantee-games-cost

Do we keep track of our payout game amounts someplace? My buddy that I watched the Wake game with, and went to Wake, was asking how much we got paid for the game. I personally am a fan of the payout games; it really helps fund the department and it's nice to say "hey, you paid us to be here" while seeing the our boys in larger/historic stadiums.

8 hours ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

Agree it will likely be closer to 1/2 million mark for a mid season SEC game. That seems to be the general going rate but hopefully even higher.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/6/22/11648368/scheduling-cupcake-guarantee-games-cost

Do we keep track of our payout game amounts someplace? My buddy that I watched the Wake game with, and went to Wake, was asking how much we got paid for the game. I personally am a fan of the payout games; it really helps fund the department and it's nice to say "hey, you paid us to be here" while seeing the our boys in larger/historic stadiums.

Same.  I think we get a little less by not playing the Alabama's, VA Techs, PSU's of the world, but that is fine with me.  Would like to see more middling local FBS teams, UVA, Rutgers, Temple, etc.  But that is difficult because these are scheduled so far in advance.

We play at San Diego State in 2021. That's a nice trip for the players to look forward to, but I worry that the travel can screw up preparation for the following week's game.