• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Datres

TOWSON 45, NOVA 35 (story now up)

9 hours ago, TSU88 said:

We beat Nova, who beat Temple, who beat MD, who beat Texas, who beat USC. So, that means we’re better than USC, right?🤔

YES! I said the same thing yesterday to my wife at dinner....she rolled her eyes at me.

I posted this on another thread, but will repeat it here:

I was glad to see us throw to the tight end (and once to the fullback!) even though Clark wasn't there. 

Speaking of tight ends -- we sure didn't cover Nova's, who had eight catches, all for big gains. Any idea if there were missed assignments (again and again) or was the guy running great patterns?

I'm also worried about the freshman DB, No. 6. He looked clueless at times. Will he be playing in place of someone going forward?

Last of all: Though I think our coaches did a great job overall, I was disappointed by RA's penalty. He's come out on the field and thrown tantrums countless times, so I'm only surprised that more flags haven't been thrown in the past. If he's going to tell his players to keep their wits about them (Fenner's late hit in the 4th quarter was uncharacteristic of him), then the head coach has to as well.

Since you brought it up, the history of this type of “logic” has it’s roots in, of all things, the 1936 Slippery Rock U football team. A sportswriter wrote a satirical piece how SRU should be the national champ that year, based on a similar pattern of game results as those in my TU post. So, modesty prevents me from taking credit for my clever post, assuming of course anyone found it even remotely clever in the 1st place.

523958F5-45FE-4A77-80EB-5800D9F8AB99.png

• Thanks 1

TF54, we also did a poor job of covering the TE vs Morgan. Of course, Morgan’s passing game was so generally inept that it didn’t make much difference in that game. Speaking of Morgan, they lost 30-27 to one of our future opponents this year, Albany. Albany’s QB, Vincent Testaverde Jr (yes, Vinnie’s son) had one of the strangest stat lines I’ve ever seen for a QB-15 of 43, for over 300 yards, 2 TD’s & 4 INT’s. 

As good as our O has been, I think it can be even better if/when Clark & Dorsey play & if we can get more games from Shane Simpson like the one yesterday. It is possible we’re going to have to win games in shootout “last team to have the ball wins the game” style. If that’s what it takes, so be it. 

You may be right about shootouts in our future. That was the case in the Enders years -- ODU (a win) and Lehigh (a loss) come to mind. And then in 2013 (with T-West providing most of the fireworks) against Eastern Illinois. It also reminds me of Tony Vinson's senior year. That team could really rack up points too.

Again some issues defensively need to be addressed but Villanova might have the best offense we face all year though Elon and JMU might have a case. 

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Again some issues defensively need to be addressed but Villanova might have the best offense we face all year though Elon and JMU might have a case. 

Agree. Their offense is good. But jmu has deemed cast of rbs. Think Alabama. 

The last few games should be tough tests