• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TigerFan54

How is this possible?

Here's why I'm bothered that we got so little boost by beating Villanova: We're idle this week, so we're likely to drop if teams below us win. We move up significantly in future polls only if we beat teams ranked ahead of us, so a Citadel win doesn't do much. If Stony Brook loses to Villanova that same week, they probably drop and if we beat them the following week, that won't mean as much either. Then we play W&M. A win probably wouldn't count for much in voters' eyes. My point is that our chances to bound ahead might rest on the final three games against teams currently playing well or historically tough: Maine, Elon, JMU. Even if we enter that stretch 7-1 but lose two of the final three, I'd don't like our chances, despite being 8-3 under that scenario. Here's why: If New Hampshire wins seven of its final eight (Trevor Knight is due back, from what I read), then you know UNH gets in at 7-4, which could crowd us out.

I know, I know ... all this is speculative and we can't presume ANY wins in this league. But the sting of being left out in 2012 lingers.

I can’t say definitively, but I’m not sure there is any precedent for an 8-3 CAA team not making the playoffs.

All this talk of playoffs is quite presumptuous, but it sure beats the alternative. Holding serve on this upcoming homestand, which would leave us 5-1, would be a great start. 

Edited by TSU88

The fact that we are even taking about polls excites me. Before the season started most were talking about a rebuilding season.  I think if we handle the teams we are supposed to handle we will move up in the polls. 

Can someone please tell me how and when elon got/is good??????? They got beat pretty well by FBS South Florida (not a power 5, while our FBS L is a power 5) and they beat Furman who plays in the not so great SoCon. Similar to our not so great win at Morgan vs a lower conference.

In 2017 Elon had a good year but no great wins. There games were all very close, like under one TD games, include a 2OT 3 point win vs us last year. Sure hats off to pulling out the close games however they lost 3 in a row to close out last season.

Checkinng in our opponents:

Nova wins again. They have allowed 33 points total in games not played against us

morgan state beats a top 5 nc a and t team (who beat Jax state and ecu kn the road) in nc. 

Wake loses at home to top 10 Notre Dame by 4 scores 

citadel wins at Mercer. Our run d has been solid this year and they run the triples option, but they scare me with a couple of throws with an undisciplined defense of we are flat footed