• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Citadel

Beat Mercer today to improve to 1-2. (Mercer earlier beat a highly ranked Samford). Their L’s are to highly ranked Wofford (which lost by 3 on the road to Wyoming) & Chattanooga (which is about to go 4-0). Both L’s were close; by 7 to Wofford & by 1 to Chattanooga.

Citadel averages 60 rush attempts per game. They have 2 RB’s who each average 73 ypg & their QB averages near 50 ypg (this doesn’t count 2 other RB’s who combine to average about 60 ypg). They only throw the ball on average 10x a game, completing 4. 

Wondering if we purposely scheduled them coming off our off week, in order to allow extra time to prepare for their running attack. Maybe our 3rd-string QB (Rose) is running the scout team offense in preparation?

Defending a triple option offense would seem to require discipline on D. This concerns me. Might be another game where the O is going to have to put up big numbers

Edited by TSU88

I think that’s a legit concern about our DB’s. Last week, Citadel’s QB completed 5 passes...for 167 yards. That’s an average of 33 yards per completion, though I think the numbers are somewhat skewed by the fact 1 of the completions was a 77 yd TD. Still, the other 4 completions averaged over 22 yds each. 

The last time we played a triple-option team (as best I can recall) was Navy back in ... 2007? We didn't defend it well, though Navy was/is many cuts above Citadel. Still, I share 88's concern.

They are really trying to push this game. I’ve seen Facebook and instagram ads everywhere. They also have a DJ during tailgating. I’m hoping we show up in big numbers this Saturday.

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

If the line were set at 7,500 attendance, who would take the over?

Yes*, the weather should be nice, we are coming in with a winning record and are ranked. Plus we'll get about 4k in students (mostly freshmen) ..for the first half. The attendance will not be over 7500 at the start of the 4th quarter even if a one score game.

*Only counting tickets "sold" and one cards scanned, not butts in seats

Edited by TheGoldCrotchPiece

It's never easy judging Towson crowds. I would say at least 8,000 with all the football alums coming back for the 50th anniversary celebration and decent student crowd with all day tailgating (good weather). Can't ask for more.