• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Tigerone94

2018-19 Season Previews

Came across this last week, but didn't get a chance to browse over until today.  Good detail into every team top to bottom with the writer believing we're pre-season #7.  Probably a fair assessment.  Wonder though if our style of play will change some (for the good) this year with the players we have coming in.  Practice officially starts tomorrow.

Every prediction I've seen has us 9th or 10th. It's understandable. This is the first one I've seen that explains why we're picked 7th, though in his outlook, he mentions Justin Gorham on the team. Then he never mentions him in the rotation. That's a wild guess that Fobbs will be on the third team though I think he can replace Morsell's offensive numbers. And it's Solomon, not Samson Uyaelumno. 

I also wouldn't say this statement about Skerry: "while completely ignoring the three-point line" and then he also mentions Zane Martin returning but also didn't have him in the rotation. So that might explain the 7th pick.

1 hour ago, Tigerone94 said:

We're picked 8th on the busting brackets website.  Decent detail into every team, but no way Northeastern finishes behind  the Cougars and Flying Dutchmen.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2018/09/21/caa-basketball-2018-19-preseason-power-rankings/

Agree good write up.  and no way Elon finishes 10th (also go Phoenix and beat the crap out of UNH Saturday)

Based off what is returning:

1. NE..best player best coach

2. C of C..second and fourth best players and a ton of bigs

3. WM..5th best player and can score with anyone in the country 

4. Hostra..2nd best player, JM is keeping them from going higher

5. UNCW..Cacok is a beast and they came on late last year, dark horse CAA team

6. JMU..lots of good young players, can Rowe coach?

7. Elon..solid senior players in their last hoorah, new arena

8. Towson..no team lost more than us. build for the future, lots of exciting new and young parts

9. Delaware..higher if daly stayed, still some decent young talent returning.

10. Drexel..poor little kurk lee