• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

The First 50 -full movie

For some of the new posters and lurkers on this board, I thought I would pin this thread on this documentary to show the history of the team from 1968-2018.

• Like 1

I watched it this morning. Great documentary. It shows the value of loyalty to the University by the four head coaches. Go take care of The Citadel today!

It took me a while, but I finally watched the documentary. I second Tgr4life -- it's terrific. I really appreciate how it doesn't gloss over the dark times when football almost bit the dust, and the focus on Wardell Turner near the end is very moving. Hats off to everyone involved.

Agreed.  That was outstanding.  The only things I would have liked to have seen more of was clips of Vinson and Meggett, given that along with TWest, they're in the pantheon of Towson RB's.  I also think that they could have capped off the entire run from almost dead in '90 to the 1-AA championship game in '13 with clips of games like the Lehigh loss in the first appearance in a playoff game (to slam home the D3-D2-D1 playoff run) to TWest running for a million yards vs. EIU to the Drive at the Red Menace and culminating with the title game in Frisco.  But it was a great lookback to the history of the program and it's pretty remarkable that we've only had 4 head coaches in 50 years of the program.

Would love the next major evolution of Towson football include an invitation to FBS.  (A guy can dream, can't he?)

Maybe sometime in the next 20 years when either Conference USA or the Sun Belt look to expand.  Maybe by then we'll have a few more FCS playoff appearances and a National Championship or two. 😉

Never saw this when it was originally posted.  Very nice documentary!  Loved the story by Landetta "Lawrence Taylor one day said 'Hey Landetta! Where the f**k is Towson State?'"  I think that quote should go on t-shirts and brochures.  For obvious reasons they really could not do anything or mention Meggett, but like a previous poster said it would have been nice to Vinson.  

Watched yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Only four head coaches in the last 50 years at TU similar to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Ironically, team colors are the same, just no FCS Championships. Hopefully, that will change soon. GO TIGERS!!!