• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
etiger

No Respect in the polls

Towson is Ranked 23 in the Stats poll and 24 in the Coaches poll. Villanova, who we beat, and has lost 2 out of the last 3 is ranked ahead of us at 19 in both polls. We are 3-1 with impressive stats. 190.8 rushing yards per game, 296 passing for a total 486.8. We are averaging 36.25 points per game. We have had the CAA Player of the week 3 times (Flacco twice and O'Neil once) What does this team have to do to get respect? Well. We need to beat Stony Brook this week. They are ranked 13 in the Stats poll and 13 in the coaches poll. Win this game and we should jump significantly (In theory) They are intentionally keeping us low in the polls so that if we lose a game, they can drop us out! Well, just keep wining baby!

We only have one good win over nova. The other comes from mediocre competition. Plenty of time to accumulate better quality wins and move up...

45 minutes ago, tualum said:

We only have one good win over nova. The other comes from mediocre competition. Plenty of time to accumulate better quality wins and move up...

Based on what?  I mean how are you basing the statement you made?  If you really look at the weekly polls and results you will see we have a body of work as good as any top 10-15 team.  Morgan beat NC A&T , Nova beat Temple, Wake took Ranked BC squad to the end...etc.  These polls are fake! Head to head competition is not part of the equation. Also, The Citadel beat Mercer.

Edited by RundaPower
Story

"it doesn't matter, it will all be ok." 

Just waiting for a 6-5 team to get in over us if we go 7-4, because they started the season in the top 10.   

Sh*t even URI is ahead of us and their results/schedule are comparable at best. Just wish we got alittle more respect nationally.

It’ll be ok...if we finish 8-3. I’m hard pressed to see a CAA team not making the playoffs with an 8-3 record. If we finish 7-4, that’s an entirely different matter. I feel pretty safe in saying that there are 7-4 teams ever year that don’t make the playoffs (I believe Delaware last year comes to mind).

Soooo...if we handle our business we’re going to make the playoffs. If we don’t, we won’t. I’m skeptical that there is a conspiracy in play to stifle us in the polls. This Saturday is a watershed game, as far as I see it. The biggest regular season game since 2013. Win & we’re 4-1 & I would think we vault into the top 15. Lose & we’re 3-2 & who knows where things go from there. 

In the immortal words of the late Al Davis, “just win baby.”

We started off unranked and it has been five years since we were last relevant. Give it some time. If we win this week, we will start to enter all of these conversations. The goal this year is to get back to the playoffs. This team is good enough, but penciling us in as a top 15 team or a definite playoff squad it getting way ahead of ourselves. Just enjoy the season and let it play out. If we take care of business and go 8-3 or better we will be in the playoffs and ranked at least somewhat appropriately. The rankings are a beauty pageant with no substance.