• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
etiger

No Respect in the polls

1 hour ago, Tiger93 said:

We started off unranked and it has been five years since we were last relevant. Give it some time. If we win this week, we will start to enter all of these conversations. The goal this year is to get back to the playoffs. This team is good enough, but penciling us in as a top 15 team or a definite playoff squad it getting way ahead of ourselves. Just enjoy the season and let it play out. If we take care of business and go 8-3 or better we will be in the playoffs and ranked at least somewhat appropriately. The rankings are a beauty pageant with no substance. 

Thank you. Someone with sense and reason here.. lol

I feel compelled to address an earlier post which reads that penciling us in as a top 15 team is getting way ahead of things. Prior to that post, I posted that IF (in all caps) we beat SB this Saturday (which is currently ranked 13th) that we might move into the top 15. I stand by this theory. Having said that, I’ve been preaching all along not to get bent out of shape about where we are currently in the polls because if we finish 8-3 in the CAA we’re getting into the playoffs. Nuff said 

42 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I feel compelled to address an earlier post which reads that penciling us in as a top 15 team is getting way ahead of things. Prior to that post, I posted that IF (in all caps) we beat SB this Saturday (which is currently ranked 13th) that we might move into the top 15. I stand by this theory. Having said that, I’ve been preaching all along not to get bent out of shape about where we are currently in the polls because if we finish 8-3 in the CAA we’re getting into the playoffs. Nuff said 

Agreed that 8-3 will get us in.  It’s not about getting in, it’s about getting a high seed.  I traveled to those playoff games in 2013, not an easy task.  Minimizing travel equates to a better chance at victory.  See NDSU

One game at a time. One snap at a time. 

Leave No Doubt!

Edited by RundaPower

No doubt would love to have a home playoff game or two, assuming we go dancing. I don’t know if 8-3 gets us there. Also, I don’t know if $ is part of the equation, as well as the demonstrable record of attendance a school has. In that regard, I remember how disappointing it was that we drew like 4K in our 2013 home playoff game vs Fordham. Of course, I also remember the home playoff game vs Lehigh the year before, which was sold out. Anyhoo, let’s make the playoffs before we worry about things like seeding and home games 

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

No doubt would love to have a home playoff game or two, assuming we go dancing. I don’t know if 8-3 gets us there. Also, I don’t know if $ is part of the equation, as well as the demonstrable record of attendance a school has. In that regard, I remember how disappointing it was that we drew like 4K in our 2013 home playoff game vs Fordham. Of course, I also remember the home playoff game vs Lehigh the year before, which was sold out. Anyhoo, let’s make the playoffs before we worry about things like seeding and home games 

If we go 8-3 there is a 100% chance we make the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

If we pay for it...  we are not respected or ranked well enough for a seed 

Seeded teams don’t pay.  That’s why it’s important to get a high seed and host as many as possible. Again, way far away.It starts on Saturday at 4pm.  Every snap counts !