• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Datres

TOWSON 29, W & M 13 (story)

Despite more woes in the kicking game (please, just one season, can we have something totally reliable there?) and some oddball playcalling (how many more runs into the boundary for a yard are we gonna run on 3rd and 4 and WTF with the go for 2 on the 29-13 TD???), the defense came to play today and we got the job done.   That catch in the end zone was insanely good.  Hope the trainers hide the stick-em from the authorities.  

How far do we drop Monday?

sometimes you have to grind one out against a lower caliber team.   The next two on the road scare me and make the last 3 very big.   We will play 3 top 15 teams the last 3 weeks 

Good team W. Showed resiliency in coming back from halftime deficit.  D did good “bend but don’t break” job, holding W&M to 1 TD. Also generated a pass rush today. I hope DeBerry isn’t hurt too badly (left the game in 2nd half & didn’t return). Flacco & Simpson are a great 1-2 punch. 

Unfortunately, we now seem to have a FG kicker issue. Can someone smarter than me (which is most everyone) explain to me why we eschewed an XP attempt & went for an 8-yard 2 point conversion, when not making it still gave W&M a glimmer of hope of tying the game with 2 TD’s & 2 two-Point conversions? 

On to Albany. Gotta beat the Scooby-Doo’s before what now appears to be a huge matchup with UD, who beat Elon today

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

How far do we drop Monday?

sometimes you have to grind one out against a lower caliber team.   The next two on the road scare me and make the last 3 very big.   We will play 3 top 15 teams the last 3 weeks 

Delaware will be ranked come Monday, I'd expect them to get the name love and be ranked near us. So we'll likely play 4 top 20 teams to close the season.

28 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Good team W. Showed resiliency in coming back from halftime deficit.  D did good “bend but don’t break” job, holding W&M to 1 TD. Also generated a pass rush today. I hope DeBerry isn’t hurt too badly (left the game in 2nd half & didn’t return). Flacco & Simpson are a great 1-2 punch. 

Unfortunately, we now seem to have a FG kicker issue. Can someone smarter than me (which is most everyone) explain to me why we eschewed an XP attempt & went for an 8-yard 2 point conversion, when not making it still gave W&M a glimmer of hope of tying the game with 2 TD’s & 2 two-Point conversions? 

On to Albany. Gotta beat the Scooby-Doo’s before what now appears to be a huge matchup with UD, who beat Elon today

You just answered your own question about whether we have a FG kicker issue. We might but we have an entire unit that couldn't block 92 issue. Maybe the snapper Conner Brake is partly to fault or O'Neill's low kicks but he was going to go for 2 after that last blocked XP every time. Now the bleeping call was terrible. Shane up the middle after the 5-yard penalty. That was bad. 

Any word on DeBerry’s injury? He didn’t leave the sidelines, but was limping from what I could see. He’s a difference maker out there