• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Week 7 polls

Mat, do you have any knowledge or insights into what Coach Ambrose's reputation is among other FCS coaches both in the CAA and across the country?  Just wondering if any coaches have an axe to grind with Rob.  I feel like there's a bit of disrespect or hesitancy on the part of other coaches to acknowledge what Towson is doing right now.

I haven't seen every other ranked FCS team play this season but living in Atlanta, I'm up to speed on Kennesaw State's program.  While they're putting up crazy offensive numbers, they're not doing it against CAA-caliber teams.  I'm not sure why they're ranked so high.  I'm not saying Towson should be #2 in the country, but c'mon.....I think something's a little screwy with these polls.

Nah, I think they vote for their friends and popular programs. We need to keep winning because that Villanova win doesn’t seem quite as impressive.

53 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

We moved up 4 spots in the coaches poll, after not blowing the doors off W&M. That doesn’t seem too bad

I meant the poll as a whole.  Kennesaw, JSU state and SHSU that high

43 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Mat, do you have any knowledge or insights into what Coach Ambrose's reputation is among other FCS coaches both in the CAA and across the country?  Just wondering if any coaches have an axe to grind with Rob.  I feel like there's a bit of disrespect or hesitancy on the part of other coaches to acknowledge what Towson is doing right now.

I haven't seen every other ranked FCS team play this season but living in Atlanta, I'm up to speed on Kennesaw State's program.  While they're putting up crazy offensive numbers, they're not doing it against CAA-caliber teams.  I'm not sure why they're ranked so high.  I'm not saying Towson should be #2 in the country, but c'mon.....I think something's a little screwy with these polls.

You answered your own question.  Also, only 10 teams are undefeated against FCS opponents. and only 1 team has beaten 2 top 15 teams..

We are exactly where we should be. Our caliber of work isn't worthy of a top 5 team (not even 10 at this point but close). We have 1-2 good wins against good competition. Nova is tanking like Matt said so that doesn't help. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and just keep winning...

20 minutes ago, tualum said:

We are exactly where we should be. Our caliber of work isn't worthy of a top 5 team (not even 10 at this point but close). We have 1-2 good wins against good competition. Nova is tanking like Matt said so that doesn't help. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and just keep winning...

I don’t think you have done your research. If we aren’t worthy of a top 10 ranking, example, how could Jax State or Kennesaw State be? Kennesaw has 6-1 with a D2 win. None of the teams they played have been ranked or Even have a winning record.  Jax State has a similar resume. Our resume is as good or better than anyone else in the top 10.

There are 6 polls cited in TU12’s post in this thread. My limited math skills suggest that our ranking, based on an average of these 6 polls, is 12th in the country. I just don’t see where we’re getting hosed. And, at the risk of repeating myself ad nauseum, we’re getting in the playoffs if we win 8 or more games. I predicted that if we beat Stony Brook we might crack the top 15. We’re 14th in the coaches poll. Let’s get a W vs the Scooby Doo’s this weekend & then see which of our conference foes get bumped off.