• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Week 7 polls

I’ll be pulling for Richmond (playing Elon), W&M (playing Maine), UNH (playing Delaware) & Stony Brook (playing Rhode Island) this weekend.

It’s fun to be scoreboard watching for the 1st time since 2013.

20 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’ll be pulling for Richmond (playing Elon), W&M (playing Maine), UNH (playing Delaware) & Stony Brook (playing Rhode Island) this weekend.

Opposite for me.  Would rather all the teams we play be ranked so if we win it goes further down the road. 

It’s a good problem for us fans to have, deciding which conference teams we’d like to see win or lose. Most important though is that we handle our own business.

7 hours ago, TigersTigers said:

Like where we're at. If you were to ask me at the start of the year if we'd ever even be ranked, I'd have said absolutely not. Only thing we can do now is get to 6-1.

Great post.  I don’t think anyone thought that we’d be here 

I guess I just want to know why KSU is ranked ahead of Towson.  If someone can explain or rationalize how Kennesaw State is worthy of such praise, I’d love to hear it. I’ve seen them in person this season. They would have big problems against most CAA teams, let alone North Dakota State, whom the coaches evidently believe are the only team better than them.

2 hours ago, AtlantaTiger said:

I guess I just want to know why KSU is ranked ahead of Towson.  If someone can explain or rationalize how Kennesaw State is worthy of such praise, I’d love to hear it. I’ve seen them in person this season. They would have big problems against most CAA teams, let alone North Dakota State, whom the coaches evidently believe are the only team better than them.

Well they started the season ranked 6th, which doesn't matter!!! (It does shhhh)

8 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Well they started the season ranked 6th, which doesn't matter!!! (It does shhhh)

Oooooh, so you're telling me that they were grossly overrated to begin with, for no good reason.  Still doesn't explain it.  Oh well.

14 hours ago, TSU88 said:

As things are shaping up, just need JMU to find another loss before we play them.  That way, it’s possible that game won’t matter for the CAA title.  THAT is what we should start looking at now.  Everything else would take care of itself. 

6 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Oooooh, so you're telling me that they were grossly overrated to begin with, for no good reason.  Still doesn't explain it.  Oh well.

The pollsters do each other favors.  The NCAA wants to create regional interest with 1AA FB.  A team from the Big South cannot create a strong enough resume during the course of a season. Kennesaw is benefiting from the influence the committee has over the polls.  If you rank em high enough early on and they lose 1 game then at 10-1 they look good for a seed and home games  with the SoCon.