• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TSU86

play-offs

11 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Let’s just try and beat Delaware. If we go 8-3 and don’t get in, I would say f-ck the FCS and the CAA and look elsewhere.

For once, we agree.. lol

10 hours ago, towsonx said:

Unfortunately poll & playoffs are biased against Towson. Where do I begin?

FCS Coaches poll; 

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-coaches-poll

Wofford (5-2) ranked #7 in FCS coaches poll & TU ranked # 10. Wofford lost to Furman (2-4), Wyoming (FBS). We both beat the Citadel. We won by 17. They one by 7.

Another issue is how other CAA teams are ranked. I.E. Maine (4-3) dropped out of top 25, but seems to be better than other 4-3 teams in top 25. Maine did beat W Carolina (FBS). TU beating a ranked Maine team would mean more than beating non-ranked.

Why is Kennesaw St (6-1) ranked so high? No wins over a ranked FCS team, & 1 of their 6 wins was over DII Clark-Atlanta. Playing in Big South,  lightweight competition, they'll probably finish high. In past years DII wins were counted if from a preferred conf.

Big Sky is another favored Conf.  Eastern Washington (5-2) is ranked above TU in several polls, with 1 of its 5 wins over a DII team. Didn't see any big wins over a team that made them stand out. They recently lost to Weber St ranked above us.

Playing favorites in polls is why TU. seemingly shocked teams like E Illinois, E. Washington on the road to Frisco  back in 2013. 

If I could go back in time, the $1600 $1800 for a round trip ticket would have been worth it.

Excellent post. 

I know people want to say the Nova win isn't that great now... but when we beat them they had their QB, who is one of the best players in the FCS, and was on the road. They also handled Temple, who is having a great season.  Temple offense had 250 yards and scored only 10 points on them.

8 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Excellent post. 

I know people want to say the Nova win isn't that great now... but when we beat them they had their QB, who is one of the best players in the FCS, and was on the road. They also handled Temple, who is having a great season.  Temple offense had 250 yards and scored only 10 points on them.

True. I see the Delaware win over Elon the same way. Elon was without their starting QB & RB. Finishing 7-4 won't work for us. (See 2012 & 2015). The 2012 TU team really could have advanced in the playoffs. The 4 2012 losses were to LSU, Kent St, JMU & ODU. Just like every year we just need to win. Another reason other teams/conf are favored over TU is their fans. Southern & Big Sky teams bring more fans, fill stadiums, spend $, energize games. NDSU filled 90% of the stadium in Frisco vs TU. Apparently, nothing else to do in Fargo. NDSU is like the NFL to Fargo. Had a blast. If we make it again, I'm there!! All the NDSU fans I met were good sports, and welcomed me other TU alum to their backwoods drinking games.. Lol.

12 hours ago, towsonx said:

True. I see the Delaware win over Elon the same way. Elon was without their starting QB & RB. Finishing 7-4 won't work for us. (See 2012 & 2015). The 2012 TU team really could have advanced in the playoffs. The 4 2012 losses were to LSU, Kent St, JMU & ODU. Just like every year we just need to win. Another reason other teams/conf are favored over TU is their fans. Southern & Big Sky teams bring more fans, fill stadiums, spend $, energize games. NDSU filled 90% of the stadium in Frisco vs TU. Apparently, nothing else to do in Fargo. NDSU is like the NFL to Fargo. Had a blast. If we make it again, I'm there!! All the NDSU fans I met were good sports, and welcomed me other TU alum to their backwoods drinking games.. Lol.

agreed. I mean we couldn't get more than 4k for the fordham game. if students dont come now for free, they wont pay $10 or whatever it is.

They were extremely nice. Our hotel was a ways a way from the stadium and still 75% there for the game and all NDSU fans.  They even invited our group out to a local bar that they go to every year after game.

Absolutely can't look past Delaware..............Buuuuut, assuming we take care of business the next few weeks, any chance ESPN College GameDay comes to town for the JMU game?  We know how much ESPN loves JMU, as they've done GameDay from their campus multiple times now.  If that game has big conference/playoff implications, perhaps they can be lured to Baltimore?

Now THAT would get Towson students excited and involved.......I think (hope?).

Taking a look at the FBS matchups for that weekend (11/17) there isn't one "heavyweight" game on the schedule right now that ESPN should think is a "no-brainer" for GameDay.  In fact, there are a lot of snoozers that weekend.

Get that bump-on-a-log AD of ours on the phone with Bristol, right now!!

20 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Absolutely can't look past Delaware..............Buuuuut, assuming we take care of business the next few weeks, any chance ESPN College GameDay comes to town for the JMU game?  We know how much ESPN loves JMU, as they've done GameDay from their campus multiple times now.  If that game has big conference/playoff implications, perhaps they can be lured to Baltimore?

Now THAT would get Towson students excited and involved.......I think (hope?).

Taking a look at the FBS matchups for that weekend (11/17) there isn't one "heavyweight" game on the schedule right now that ESPN should think is a "no-brainer" for GameDay.  In fact, there are a lot of snoozers that weekend.

Get that bump-on-a-log AD of ours on the phone with Bristol, right now!!

As strange as that sounds, it wouldn't be a bad choice, if everything holds.  The week before rivalry week in FBS is pretty bad.

If the game was being played off I-81, I think there would a be a good change. 

Top candidates now would be Cincinnati at UCF,  Wisconsin at Purdue (possibly the for the Big 10 West)

I'd find that pretty far-fetched that those in Bristol even care about what goes on in 1-AA to even notice that a JMU-Towson matchup could be for a conference title.  North Dakota State is at home that day and they've received overwhelming support the two times that they've gone there.  If there isn't a 1-A game that's all that attractive (and right now, there isn't anything that jumps off the page...though both ND and Michigan are at home and there will be big CFP talk around them...Cincy-UCF may be a destination if UCF is still undefeated) and they decided to go the 1-AA route, I'd think from a TV presentation standpoint, Fargo would be where they'd run off to.  

Are there enough card carrying members of the Screen Actors Guild to play the role of TU students when Central Casting makes that call? Because otherwise, GameDay ain’t coming here.

• Haha 1