• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MLax schedule is out

I like that we're continuing to drawing freshmen from some of the traditional hotbed schools, esp (my alma mater) Calvert Hall, but also Boys Latin and AA Co schools.. MOST imperative in 2019 will be to boost output on offense! Increased scoring is needed, and not simply because of Mazza's departure.. The defense should be pretty solid with plenty of experience on the field. Of the keys to success next season, goal will likely be among the most important. We lost Cocci's great coaching as D coordinator, but the new coach sounds like he could hardly be topped, pedigree-wise.. That's a killer schedule; it's gonna be tough. But on the bright side, plenty of top-notch competition to build us up, and we should certainly be seasoned for tournament play come May. Plus, high school seniors who seeing the big-time schedule we've been playing the last 4-5 years, HAVE to be impressed, which should translate into a magnet for recruiting.. As I see it, everything rests on the ability of the offense to assert themselves; everything else will follow.

If only MBB could schedule like that.

It's tough schedule but I like that we are scheduling top tier games. Nice seeing UVA back on the schedule for an exhibition, maybe back into the regular season for 2020?? Any idea what this mystery Charlotte tournament is?

I'm guessing Towson parted ways for at least this year with the golden retrievers.  Quick comparison between 2018 & 19 schedules shows that we would have needed to agree to play UMBC between the Loyola game and trip to Charlotte.  In doing so, we would have had to play 4 games in 12 days.  Good call not to do that and hope that UMBC is open to getting back on the 2020 schedule.  If not, see if Navy agrees to take their spot.

Win some of those games and you have a chance at an at-large bid. Beating UMBC at the moment doesn’t help in the ratings.