• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Basketball Mat

Virginia Cavaliers

Another season upon us.  Truly appreciate all the insights.  

Lets hope these recruits really get after it and buy into the system. 

I’m 45 and I want to dance before I die please...  is that so much to ask.  

The curse eats at me being that I showed up on campus in the Fall of 1991.  

Go Tigers...  come West to play in the near future...  USF & St Mary’s trip!

I'm assuming this game was already scheduled before the UMBC upset, and before we knew two of our (potentially) best returnees would bolt. Like having to enter a paper shredder, with us as the paper..

The only suggestion I can think of is to try to stay loose; play for the fun of it, if at all possible. Anyone can see it's a David versus Goliath scenario, so nobody expects Towson to win. Please try to avoid doing anything that will be embarrassing - it will only fire up the home crowd, for one thing. Try to keep TOs down. With the athleticism these tigers reportedly have, they may get their share of steals, and rebounds. Maybe a Georgetown approach and slowing it down might work. The fear is that as soon as the 'Hoos walk out and see that black & gold and think "Baltimore" or "Baltimore County", they'll go on a rampage. It's just a gauntlet this team will have to do their best with, and to take away from it as much as they can learn.

37 minutes ago, Basketball Mat said:

Are we liking what we see. Halftime and we still in this game. We have the team to beat Virginia guys

UVA pulling away as we dont have a scorer and free throw woes continue under Skerry 

We had zero chance of winning this game if we had Zane Martin, Jordan McNeill, Jerrelle Benimon or Gary Neal. We would have been leading at the half though but UVa is good for a reason. Maybe not 31 wins like last season but they'll be near the top of the ACC as always. Then that boring pace will cost them in the NCAA Tournament.

As for us, I'll have more in a different thread.

Where was McNeil - injured?.. Tunstall continues to outshine Big Al.. Guessing assists will come as team gells.. Not as bad as I thought it might be. But ideally had hoped for 20pt+/- difference..

If some guys can step up a little more (Thomas particularly), or the team can gell in upcoming 2-3 weeks, i feel they'll have a chance to be competitive.

Edited by Moleman

McNeill still has that hand injury and I wouldn’t expect a lot from Thomas in terms of production. Problem with Tunstall is that he’s always fighting some nagging injury. Now it’s a hamstring.