• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Adams (de) commits

Dottin is a good kid, but I’m not sure if he’s a quality starting PG.  Once again, the seemingly never ending search for such a PG continues. 

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Dottin is a good kid, but I’m not sure if he’s a quality starting PG.  Once again, the seemingly never ending search for such a PG continues. 

Agree. He's backup material from what I've seen. Great kid. Aggressive as hell and is very strong. Can't shoot. Not sure I've seen enough to see if he can defend or distribute well enough. I wonder if Howard is better off the ball as a 2-guard or combo guard. Of course, we have about 80 of those.

It would be nice to have a point guard who can either push the ball and score off the dribble or can shoot the 3. Distribute, defend and take care of the basketball. Manage the game. It's a tough thing to do but there are guys out there capable of doing that at this level. Charleston finds them. Northeastern finds them. Delaware has found several and lost several. W&M had a great one in Thornton. 

3 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Small sample size, but Howard is shooting a rather lackluster 35% from the field thus far.

A point guard has to do more than just shoot well. He has to run the team, distribute, defend. Manage the game. I haven't seen enough of him in game action though the assists are high. Our offense is so lackluster, we need a point guard who can score but right now, we need Dottin/Howard to just do the basics.

Why can't we recruit in MARYLAND the top recruiting grounds in the nation? They need a star point guard no matter how bad his GPA is. Gotta get dirty to play ball some times

Lee at Drexel; Allen at Delaware; Owens at W&M. What do all 3 of these talented PG’s have in common? They’re all from MD, & we couldn’t nab any of them.

Why don’t we recruit Baltimore better? Target rich environment. Who has Skerry pulled from Baltimore? Gorham (good get. Wish he were still here & McNeill. I know the top Baltimore talent isn’t coming here, but what about the guys a tier down?