• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Blounge

DJ Durkin remains coach at UMD/now fired

I’m interested to hear your thoughts on University of Maryland’s decision to keep head coach Durkin after the investigation surrounding the death of Jordan McNair. Do you think he should have been removed? How will this impact recruiting? Will Towson benefit from transfers and parents refusing to send their sons to play football in college park? 

Absoluuuutley ridiculous .. No respect... ESPN commentator this morning put it best. If he stays.. It hurts the program, no success for the next couple of years and theyre gunna look back and see how much time they wasted. 

It was a financial move because they didn't want to pay him off along with the settlement but it blew up in their face in terms of PR. I don't know if this will help us. It could if a bunch of young players leave but they'll also have a chance to play next season because Maryland's recruiting is going to be horrific for the next 4-5 years. 

Yeah I was wondering how many kids are going to want out now. We possibly can inherit some talent from their roster. I am really surprised they kept him because it’s going to really damage the reputation at that school for keeping him.

awful move by the school. But they are broke, so they cant just come out and say "this guy is at fault and an average coach, but we dont have any money to let him go, so he is staying" 

I mean this guy isnt saban, dabo or meyer.. he should have been let go and with cause, the SC was his boy and first hire.

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

awful move by the school. But they are broke, so they cant just come out and say "this guy is at fault and an average coach, but we dont have any money to let him go, so he is staying" 

I mean this guy isnt saban, dabo or meyer.. he should have been let go and with cause, the SC was his boy and first hire.

If the guy was completely at fault, they wouldn't have to pay him or at least not as much. They couldn't find enough fault so they have to pay the entire thing. Loh didn't help matters a couple of months ago when he basically said the school and athletic dept. was to blame. No wonder he was the one forced out because he also wanted Durkin out.