• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

Head Scratching Decision

I wish someone would have asked Rob, or brought up his strange decision to defer to the second half. After that moment, you had to figure the day was lost..

Why would you defer?!  With a bad defense such as ours, you want your offense out there first, and try and make a statement, especially at home.

Also, Maines best player, who plays DEFENSE, was suspended for the first half of the game! Why do you not take advantage of that?!?!.  73 tackles, 7 sacks, 2 fumbles and 1 Int, but lets not use that to our advantage...

Sure that was top of mind. Maybe you should ask the questions. Do you know what it’s like to be in a press conference and you’re asking 90% of the questions? Sometimes 100% because some are scared?

Yes looking back, they should have taken the ball with our defense. But result would have been the same.

Next time, should I ask if he feels he’s on the hot seat? Try doing that when sitting two spots away from his wife.

We did put up 18 pts in the second half, vs. 10 in the first. 

I'm still steamed about the 3rd down call at the goal line. Our formation all but broadcast we were coming up the middle -- right into Maine's impenetrable wall. Not so long ago, we would fake the handoff to the tailback (West) and toss it to the FB (Holder) who had leaked out into the end zone. Just because West and Holder are gone doesn't mean the play won't  work. Just no imagination on the OC's part. Given our difficulty pounding the ball, you have to be inventive.

51 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Do you need a press badge or can any shmo go to the press conference and field questions? 

Yes, fans are not allowed in. You need credentials.

Getting back to deferring. On paper it was the wrong move. But if you watched Flacco in the first half, he was missing guys open that he has found all year long. So it’s likely that still happens.

I appreciate you asking the questions as I know it must be tuff especially if no one else is. But someone has to ask the hard questions even if it is not you. If he was at a bigger school with more press he would be drilled. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Sure that was top of mind. Maybe you should ask the questions. Do you know what it’s like to be in a press conference and you’re asking 90% of the questions? Sometimes 100% because some are scared?

Yes looking back, they should have taken the ball with our defense. But result would have been the same.

Next time, should I ask if he feels he’s on the hot seat? Try doing that when sitting two spots away from his wife.

Easy Mat. Not criticizing you. I can imagine there isn't a large group of people there and asking questions.

Thats the problem, why would they be scared? He is an extremely well paid coach who has to accept that there is criticism along the way. He and the Mrs. need to understand and deal with that. its comical that people are scared and intimated by him and the wife. Almost any other school in the country, he would have been let go by now, his record is not good and results have been mediocre at best.

I don’t think you get the point. Some people are just scared to ask questions period. Nothing to do with his wife sitting there because they probably have no clue who she is.

There is also some professionalism I believe in and that means to not just throw out questions to critique the coach on every move he made. The last play had to be asked about. But ar some point, he will get testy as will most coaches if you continue to second guess them at a press conference. 

I asked about the secondary. I asked Flacco about his performance which wasn’t great in the first half. Last week, he said he got out coached. He also said during the week that the team was still feeling bad for themselves after the Delaware loss. That was a bad sign and that’s on him to try and get them over it. Deferring the kick was the least of our problems.

Nobody was more disappointed in this team than I was in the last few weeks. Even you of all people liked them at one point. But even if Ambrose does the right thing and lets Flacco win the game and he also gets the two point conversion, they still have time to go downfield and win the game. The defense is putting ridiculous pressure on the offense to score every time they touch the ball.

55 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I don’t think you get the point. Some people are just scared to ask questions period. Nothing to do with his wife sitting there because they probably have no clue who she is.

There is also some professionalism I believe in and that means to not just throw out questions to critique the coach on every move he made. The last play had to be asked about. But ar some point, he will get testy as will most coaches if you continue to second guess them at a press conference. 

I asked about the secondary. I asked Flacco about his performance which wasn’t great in the first half. Last week, he said he got out coached. He also said during the week that the team was still feeling bad for themselves after the Delaware loss. That was a bad sign and that’s on him to try and get them over it. Deferring the kick was the least of our problems.

Nobody was more disappointed in this team than I was in the last few weeks. Even you of all people liked them at one point. But even if Ambrose does the right thing and lets Flacco win the game and he also gets the two point conversion, they still have time to go downfield and win the game. The defense is putting ridiculous pressure on the offense to score every time they touch the ball.

Then why include that part in your original statement...  and anyone who has been around the program, knows what you were insinuating, and you are not wrong in that..

He is at the top of the program and needs to do better and take the blame, get the players ready and field difficult questions. As others stated, any other program he would be getting drilled with tough questions or have been let go long before. 

I do like the players. They are talented and athletic enough to win games, but the staff isnt putting them in the best position to win games.  If they scored on 1 of the 3 tries from the 2 yard line, the game would have been tired..

Since 2014 7 of the other 11 CAA teams have made the playoffs. We have not. After this year, it will be 9 of the 11. 5 years is way to long, especially under the same staff, after not capitalizing on T-West and Co.