• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Datres

TOWSON 41, ELON 10 (story up)

I think Elon is in a very precarious spot. They play Maine (I think at Maine) next weekend. If they lose, I don’t think they’re getting in at 6-4. Seems to me I’ll be rooting for the Black Bears in this one. If both TU & Elon lose, how could we not get the nod over Elon? 

The other team that might have their season on the line next weekend is Delaware. If they lose to Nova, they drop to 7-4, with 2 straight L’s to end the season. I suppose UD’s nightmare scenario is they lose & we & Elon win. 

Most importantly, if we win next weekend, we’re a stone cold lock. I think we can score some points vs JMU, just not sure our D can stop their O. If we lose...we put our fate in the hands of the committee. I still think we should make it at 7-4, but unfortunately I don’t get to make that decision 

54 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I think Elon is in a very precarious spot. They play Maine (I think at Maine) next weekend. If they lose, I don’t think they’re getting in at 6-4. Seems to me I’ll be rooting for the Black Bears in this one. If both TU & Elon lose, how could we not get the nod over Elon? 

The other team that might have their season on the line next weekend is Delaware. If they lose to Nova, they drop to 7-4, with 2 straight L’s to end the season. I suppose UD’s nightmare scenario is they lose & we & Elon win. 

Most importantly, if we win next weekend, we’re a stone cold lock. I think we can score some points vs JMU, just not sure our D can stop their O. If we lose...we put our fate in the hands of the committee. I still think we should make it at 7-4, but unfortunately I don’t get to make that decision 

Elon would be 7-3 and would be in over 7-4 Towson. They will be ranked higher than us this week and beat one of the darlings of the fcs

I think you missed my point. If Elon loses next week they will be 6-4, if I’m not mistaken. If that happens, & we also lose, I suggested we might ((frankly should) get in over them, with 1 more W then Elon, & a decisive head-to-head W over them as well.

The forecast for Orono is 34 degrees and snowing next Saturday. I highly doubt Elon wins that game. They have a great win over JMU but that was with Cheek and Summers. They are a different team now. Assuming they lose, they shouldn't get in just because they didn't get to play W&M. Sucks to lose your top running back and quarterback. Wouldn't know how that feels (oh yeah, like last season).

🤔

Just where is this “Townson” University?

Didn’t realize Dan Crowley played QB in 2016. 

Sun Herald needs a proofreader & fact checker

It's an AP Story. I wrote for them many years ago. That's an embarrassment. They called Elon, "Elson".  I didn't realize Dan Crowley also kicked FGs for the team in 2016. That's on the writer because the editorial desk had no clue about players on Towson but no excuse for putting TOWNson in the headline or for Elson.