• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Datres

TOWSON 41, ELON 10 (story up)

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

I think you missed my point. If Elon loses next week they will be 6-4, if I’m not mistaken. If that happens, & we also lose, I suggested we might ((frankly should) get in over them, with 1 more W then Elon, & a decisive head-to-head W over them as well.

I undestand  that but as states 7-3 elon gets in over us at 7-4 and a win over them. So we should be black bear fans. 

Maine jmu udel are in. Sb Towson elon are bubble. But today’s results in the mvfc socon help us

I would think  from past history that 5 (maybe 6) CAA teams get in. Maine & JMU are locks. UD, SB, Elon & TU are the remainders. If only 3 of those 4 make it, we need Elon or SB to lose. If the committee is going to put in 6 teams, we’re in regardless of what happens next Saturday 

One worrisome stat from today: TF was sacked six times. Given how many OTHER times he escaped pressure, any other QB might have been sacked 10-12 times. I don't think the O-line did a poor job, but Tom tends to wait too long to decidewhich way to go with the ball. (He also needs to know when to put some zip on his passes.) I think JMU is going to have a game plan like Maine's to slow him down, and we know they have great defenders. So he'll have to play his best game of the year -- or on par with his Villanova performance -- for us to keep pace.

Next week's CAA schedule of importance to us:

Elon (6-3, 4-2) at Maine (7-3, 6-1)

Villanova at Delaware (7-3, 5-2)

Stony Brook (7-3, 5-2) at Albany

JMU (7-3, 5-2) at Towson (7-3, 5-2)

If we win, we're in.  That's a lock.  If we lose, I think we need a Maine win to feel okay.  If we can get a Maine win and an Albany win, that would be tremendous but a Maine win and 1 of a Nova win and/or Albany win might be good enough.  Might be.  

But the good news is that we can still control our own situation.  If we hadn't spit up Delaware and Maine, we'd already be hanging a banner.

Damn took our 4 year old out to dinner for her birthday tonight and didn't expect this. What a win! Finally get to go to a game this year next week, and am looking forward to it. And leave Nico and that line alone haha. He's the smartest person to walk into my classroom maybe ever in 12 years.

3 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

One worrisome stat from today: TF was sacked six times. Given how many OTHER times he escaped pressure, any other QB might have been sacked 10-12 times. I don't think the O-line did a poor job, but Tom tends to wait too long to decidewhich way to go with the ball. (He also needs to know when to put some zip on his passes.) I think JMU is going to have a game plan like Maine's to slow him down, and we know they have great defenders. So he'll have to play his best game of the year -- or on par with his Villanova performance -- for us to keep pace.

I'd like to see a bit more of the power running game that we saw on the drive that put us up 34-10.  I'd think that JMU will expect us to keep the ball in Flacco's hands most of the time and they'd be smart to key on him.  It will be a big game for the running backs and the o-line especially to step up.

2 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Next week's CAA schedule of importance to us:

Elon (6-3, 4-2) at Maine (7-3, 6-1)

Villanova at Delaware (7-3, 5-2)

Stony Brook (7-3, 5-2) at Albany

JMU (7-3, 5-2) at Towson (7-3, 5-2)

If we win, we're in.  That's a lock.  If we lose, I think we need a Maine win to feel okay.  If we can get a Maine win and an Albany win, that would be tremendous but a Maine win and 1 of a Nova win and/or Albany win might be good enough.  Might be.  

But the good news is that we can still control our own situation.  If we hadn't spit up Delaware and Maine, we'd already be hanging a banner.

The best part of all of this is that it's not like the teams we are hoping to hop if things go wrong draw better than us. Maybe the committee will actually look at merit this time around.

42 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

He's holding the ball too long. Most of those sacks were because he's looking for the big play and trying to extend. They aren't letting him so instead of hitting guys for short passes, he's looking for the deep ball. I think he's frustrated because he's been just a tad off in his deeper stuff over the last few weeks but he needs to hit the shorter stuff. But the defenses are not letting him out of the pocket and let's face it, he's facing better competition and better D-lines. When you are up big, you need to need to also manage the game and not take sacks to take you out of field goal position. Have to sometimes throw it away or get rid of it quicker. Even though he's 24, he's still a young starter. Going into his 11th game.

9 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I undestand  that but as states 7-3 elon gets in over us at 7-4 and a win over them. So we should be black bear fans. 

Maine jmu udel are in. Sb Towson elon are bubble. But today’s results in the mvfc socon help us

There is no way that Elon or SB will get in over us.  Bank on it!

1 hour ago, RundaPower said:

There is no way that Elon or SB will get in over us.  Bank on it!

Thought the same about UNH when we beat the pants off the to go 7-4 a few years ago