• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB falls to Pepperdine, 74-65 in Bahamas

Since the entire season boils down to the CAA tourney and non-conference games are essentially meaningless, I’ve stopped getting overly frustrated with these types of losses.  Having said that, it would be nice to occasionally be surprised with a win we’re not expected to get.  A win that would give us reason to be optimistic.

IUPUI beat Boston College a few nights ago.  I don’t know how good BC is supposed to be but they’re a name brand program and I think that’s a quality win for a school like IUPUI.  We so very rarely get upset wins.   Twenty-five turnovers.....disgusting.

The style of basketball Skerry coaches...does not appeal the top rated guards. The game has changed from center dominated to guard dominated. We play the former rather than the latter. Gonna make it tough to win. 

Guards dominated last season and look how it turned out. He didn’t recruit bad guards this season but I think he’s a little too obsessed with their physical abilities and less about their skill level. That means it might take a year or two to improve that skill level.

The good news about Zane leaving was that a player like Betrand is going to get a lot more PT.  We wouldn’t have recruited Timberlake and he could be a big-time player in the future.

This is going to be a long, arduous process and very painful at times. If we are sitting here in January still bitching about turnovers and point guard play then it’s going to be ugly here and SECU will be empty. 

3 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Jeez everyone overreacting. I felt between 7-10 wins would be realistic. 

Skerrys teams are always front court loaded (in a guard oriented lead. Shit I’ve been saying that on here forever but we still have some here who are ennemored with sanders and Solomon as big time players) 

his teams also don’t shoot well, don’t pass well, turn it over a good bit and when we can’t get out and run, the offense is a mess due to his style. Why would anyone expect anything different?! It has lead us to 4 of 5 years with 18 + wins...

we litrally have 4 players who have played d 1 basketball before and 3 of those were suspect before the season...  

Opposite happened last year in terms of guards. It didn’t work out. Should he have recruited another guard instead of Selcuk? It’s looking that way because he’s way behind the others. It’s not like he wants bad guard play. It’s about finding the right ones. We have five brand new ones in Drayton, Betrand, Dottin, Timberlake and Howard. 

9 hours ago, tualum said:

For some reason this made me chuckle... Btw.. Is that 50 cent in your picture? lol

Yes, that is former Towson player Derrick Goode with 50 Cent. He was his bodyguard for a while.

6 hours ago, El Tigre Oro said:

Yes, that is former Towson player Derrick Goode with 50 Cent. He was his bodyguard for a while.

Wow. He must have been huge since he makes 50 look like a dwarf..lol