• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Chris Datres

JMU Postgame

Only got to see this game in bits and pieces and what I did see was mostly us on offense.  What you saw today is what happens when a team has good defensive talent and coaching and comes in with a gameplan to stop the other team's best player.  JMU made sure to keep Flacco under wraps and wouldn't allow him to extend plays.  Meanwhile, we get gouged all over the place in the 2nd quarter.

Hopefully we did enough before today to get us in.  Delaware got beat but that probably doesn't matter.  If the Scoobys can pull off the upset over SB, I think it helps us greatly.  But that's why you don't put it in someone else's hands.  We had it on our hands against Delaware and could have pulled it out against Maine without a bad defense and some bonehead playcalling (sense a theme?).  

Sometimes the other team is just better. Elon has a (slightly) worse record, & we thumped them head-to-head. We should get in.

Delaware beat us, but they closed with 2 losses, including a bad thumping vs Villanova today.

It’s out of our hands. On to selection Sunday 

If we do get in, I don't expect us to go far. Our defense just gets carved up by too many big plays, and opposing teams have figured out how to limit Flacco. And truth be told, JMU appears to be the better team and will probably advance at least to the seminfinals.

Just now, TigerFan54 said:

If we do get in, I don't expect us to go far. Our defense just gets carved up by too many big plays, and opposing teams have figured out how to limit Flacco. And truth be told, JMU appears to be the better team and will probably advance at least to the seminfinals.

I'd like to find that out for sure.  Just gotta get in and then see how things break.