• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

FCS Playoffs announced at 12:30pm (chatting)

It’s funny how fans are the same all over. I’ve been browsing the Delaware & Stony Brook message boards &, just as some on our board, there is a common thread of “we suck & don’t deserve to make the playoffs,” combined with “and even if we do, we’ll get rolled in the 1st round.”  I should add there is a bit of an elitist attitude with some on the UD board, who subscribe to the belief that it would actually be an insult to get an at-large 7-4 bid, when UD used to breeze in when it was only a 16-team field. 

I'm going to start the chat around 12:15 tomorrow. I might have some info I can only share on the chat, because what is said on the chat stays on the chat and is later deleted. MBB plays around that time as well so we can talk about the end of another L or maybe a rare win.

It would be fitting if MBB beat NDSU on selection Sunday.

Btw, did anyone notice that Citadel & Alabama were tied at 10 at the half. I would have loved to have heard Saban at halftime. Whatever he said worked, as Bama won the 2nd half 40-7

Edited by TSU88

I don’t watch that schmuck. The only talking heads I watch are Wilbon & Kornheiser on PTI.

IF we get in, do you think we get a home game or get sent on the road? Next weekend is thanksgiving; if we get a home game I’m concerned it’ll be a ghost town. Certainly won’t be any students in attendance. There were more JMU fans (and louder) than our student section today 

Edited by TSU88

I thought there was a good crowd today at well over 7,000 and a decent student showing. I hear we could get a home game and every school is going to have the same issue with the holiday crowd.

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

It would be fitting if MBB beat NDSU on selection Sunday.

Btw, did anyone notice that Citadel & Alabama were tied at 10 at the half. I would have loved to have heard Saban at halftime. Whatever he said worked, as Bama won the 2nd half 40-7

I think Citadel missed a FG on the first drive of the 2nd half to take a 13-10 lead and after that, it was curtains.  Almost like part of Bama's fee they were paying Citadel included keeping it competitive for a half.

The good folks at herosports.com have us playing either Furman, Duquesne or Eastern Tenn. St in the 1st round. I’d attach the link, except I’m not sure how to 😳