• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Football to face Duquesne in first round of FCS playoffs

Good for the kids.  There will be extensions for all of the coaches, no waiting for the playoff run or not.  6 teams from one league is a joke and lumping the bulk of them in one side of the draw is ridiculous.  If Towson does not win at least the first two games it's a bad run.  Not a real challenging draw.

2 minutes ago, BoogerJ said:

Good for the kids.  There will be extensions for all of the coaches, no waiting for the playoff run or not.  6 teams from one league is a joke and lumping the bulk of them in one side of the draw is ridiculous.  If Towson does not win at least the first two games it's a bad run.  Not a real challenging draw.

Do you even hear what you’re saying or did another personality seep out?

I’m convinced there are some people who if they saw a guy walking on water they’d say, “see, I told you he couldn’t swim.”

• Like 1

Yeah, South Dakota State is horrible. We should beat a team that nearly beat ND State at home (21-17 loss) and has been very good throughout the season. Didn't play an FBS game against Iowa State because it was PPD. 

This team is not built for a long run. We don't have a great back like T-West and the O-Line is not as dominant on the ground. Not even close. Flacco is going to be playing in the cold weather (around 40 degrees very early forecast) and we didn't exactly do a great job in a cold, windy day in Delaware. You have to be able to run the football between the tackles. And of course, play some defense. That 2013 team wasn't great defensively but they had some stars on it.

If we win against Duquense, it's a solid season. Nothing great, but successful because we made the playoffs and hopefully are on the right track. It really shows we have to get better on both lines because in a couple of years, when Miller starts, he's going to need time to throw. We also could a big back as well. But if all the transfers are back like Clark, Deberry, Shuman, Gillette, etc, we should be good again. We could be great if we can develop both lines, replace Wallace maybe with Deberry or Dymelle Parker. 

• Like 1

One of my concerns this Saturday is we can’t give up 70+ yd TD runs, like we did vs Maine & JMU. Also hoping Duquesne’s QB isn’t the mobile type. One way to keep our O at bay is to run the ball & keep them on the sidelines. Would also be nice not to give up huge chunk yardage pass plays. Guess I’m asking a lot of our D

Edited by TSU88

6 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

One of my concerns this Saturday is we can’t give up 70+ yd TD runs, like we did vs Maine & JMU. Also hoping Duquesne’s QB isn’t the mobile type. One way to keep our O at bay is to run the ball & keep them on the sidelines. Would also be nice not to give up huge chunk yardage pass plays. Guess I’m asking a lot of our D

Linebackers have to fill the gaps because there will be some holes assuming Harps-Upshur doesn't play. The nose guard is supposed to tie up two blockers. Not sure Danagogo or Gyeni can do that. I was hoping to see some big John Mullins (6-4, 290). The run defense might be more of a concern than the pass defense. We did a very good job against Elon's running QB. He just wasn't a great passer.

12 minutes ago, TUTigers said:

Let's not overlook Duquesne. I think some people are already penciling in a W like it's a given. 

You're right. Nothing is a given with this team if we can't put up 30+ points. Weather could be a huge factor and that would benefit Duquesne if it's raining.

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Funny but Rob is getting at least one due to a clause in his contract. He deserves at least two but I think they'll wait and see how we do in the playoffs.

Did not wait to see how we do in playoffs to give Skerry an 8 year contract

4 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Did not wait to see how we do in playoffs to give Skerry an 8 year contract

It's an automatic clause in Rob's contract from what I've heard. They should wait until the playoff run (of course) to extend it to 2-3. I think it's a little different in basketball. This was a terrible basketball program when Pat took over. Lost 14 straight seasons before that 1-31 year. He turned them into solid winners but hasn't made the finals.  He's done more than just win some games, the academics are much better as we're not in APR hell thanks to PK. He's been a major upgrade over the last three head coaches. Eight year deal? That's extreme obviously but I don't know all the details of that contract and if there's a buyout included.