• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TSU88

Today’s ugly loss to NDSU (story)

It’s a win win no matter what really...   we have a state of the art arena and we play in a solid mid major conference.  

If it doesn’t work out with our current coach then I don’t see why we can’t land another coach to take us to the next level..

We are gonna have our day in the sun...   may take another decade but we will get it eventually. 

I support and appreciate the players and staff who have stuck around and want to make it work at Towson.  

I’m buying when we play that first round game!!!!!

54 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Since Northeastern joined the conference in 2005, they and W&M have combined to win one more CAA basketball championship than we have.  

FIFY

Since Northeastern joined the conference in 2005, the and W&M have combined to win one more CAA basketball championship, 4 more regular season titles, and 7 more championship game appearances than we have, with much different admission and academic standards.

11 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

FIFY

Since Northeastern joined the conference in 2005, the and W&M have combined to win one more CAA basketball championship, 4 more regular season titles, and 7 more championship game appearances than we have, with much different admission and academic standards.

And it should have been 2 championships if CAA officials didn't call a phantom travel on Pucica in the final seconds of last years game.

4 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Exactly.  He has gotten us to a decent point, but has plateaued. CAA is more of an uptempo league now and has always been and always will be about GUARDS. The grind it out, cant shoot, bully ball does not work. It will not work in bringing us the ultimate goal of reaching the NCAA's, sorry it just won't. We need good guards and a leader point guard. Look at the past CAA POTY winners..notice anything??

image.png.7e110aabe24e47fc05a0f7056f40cff0.png

The excuses and people who back him NO MATTER WHAT, needs to stop. The Jimmy and Joe guy, sheesh. We have had top 3-4 talent in the league for 5-6 years (not this one, yet atleast) and we havent won.  NE and WM consistently have top teams and guess what! they rarely have the top players and athletes. And they need to adhere to different admission standards that we do. They have great coaches!

We can't judge this season on the first handful of games.. if we did that for last year we have been in the tournament! Last weekend was disappointing, but lets see where this season goes.

I almost spit out my Ovaltine when I read this quote that we have had top 3-4 talent in the league for 5-6 years. Au contraire. We have NEVER under Skerry had even an average, much less top shelf, PG (ok, maybe Hairston in his freshman year). And aside from ZM, we have NEVER had a player under Skerry other than Benimon who averaged more than 13-14 ppg (Morsell & Moto). Riddle me this, if we’ve been oozing all this top talent, how many of Skerry’s players, other than Benimon, have made 1st team all conference? (Response=crickets chirping). 

We have quite unequivocally NOT had too 3-4 talent in the CAA in the last 5-6 years. What we’ve had are teams that beat the hell out of opponents on the boards. When we encounter teams that really have top 3-4 talent, we more often than not lose.

You so crazy!!!

3 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

FIFY

I knew you were going to go this route...

The CAA is an all-or-nothing league.  Regular season championships only get you into the NIT.  Championship game appearances only get you on TV.  If you don't win the tournament championship game, you're not getting an at-large bid.  So hey, here's your participation award for making it to the title game and losing (W&M are racking these up).

Edited by Chris Datres

I think Coen is the best coach in the league and if you want to say Shaver is second? Fine. He may not get a lot of great athletes but gets premier shooters and skilled guys. Part of x's and o'x is coaching defense. Not just offense. Skerry is really good on the defensive side of that argument and Shaver, not so much. 

5 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I almost spit out my Ovaltine when I read this quote that we have had top 3-4 talent in the league for 5-6 years. Au contraire. We have NEVER under Skerry had even an average, much less top shelf, PG (ok, maybe Hairston in his freshman year). And aside from ZM, we have NEVER had a player under Skerry other than Benimon who averaged more than 13-14 ppg (Morsell & Moto). Riddle me this, if we’ve been oozing all this top talent, how many of Skerry’s players, other than Benimon, have made 1st team all conference? (Response=crickets chirping). 

We have quite unequivocally NOT had too 3-4 talent in the CAA in the last 5-6 years. What we’ve had are teams that beat the hell out of opponents on the boards. When we encounter teams that really have top 3-4 talent, we more often than not lose.

You so crazy!!!

More talent than NE, Drexel Delaware elon jmu over that time. 

We have never had anyone average over 30 mpg either except Zane. Catching the trend? We hav always played lots of played and spread out the time and shots.  We have had top talent  maybe not poty candidates but our 2-9 was usually better than anyone else’s 

you can’t also score much when you aren’t running offense 

3 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

I knew you were going to go this route...

The CAA is an all-or-nothing league.  Regular season championships only get you into the NIT.  Championship game appearances only get you on TV.  If you don't win the tournament championship game, you're not getting an at-large bid.  So hey, here's your participation award for making it to the title game and losing (W&M are racking these up).

I knew what your first response without looking... I could say that he sky is blue and you’d argue with me saying it’s green. Whatever man. 

People on here have mentioned skerry not even making the championship game. Damn I’d take 1-2 of those just to be in it because you never know what can happen in a winner take all game. I’d also take an NIT birth

Rob must be collecting participation trophies then by your logic. 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Rob must be collecting participation trophies then by your logic. 

Rob's won a conference championship and been to the playoffs now 3 times, including a trip to the national championship game in which they had to win not one, but two games on the road in rough conditions.  I don't think the two coaches compare.

And I saw a green sky once...one of the nastiest thunderstorms/hailstorms I've ever experienced in Dallas a number of years ago.  😁

• Like 1