• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
etiger

WE need everyone to come to the TU Duquesne game

Calling all TU Fans. We need you all to come support this team at home on Saturday vs Duquesne. This is a great opportunity to show your support for this team. Let's go Tigers!!!!

Students will still be on thanksgiving break & preliminary weather forecast includes possibility of rain.  I hope I’m wrong, but I’m thinking it’ll be poorly attended. I still remember the 2013 playoff game vs Fordham. It didn’t rain & the attendance was 4,600. That game was played on 12/7, so it wasn’t thanksgiving weekend. 

I hope we launch an extensive marketing blitz for this game.

Edited by TSU88

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Maybe 2,500

Way to piss on Ed’s thread. At least he’s trying. It’s not like the students have made up most of the crowds lately. If it doesn’t rain, no reason we can’t get at least 5,000.

I hope we get more than 5K. Just noting the reality of events beyond our control (weather & thanksgiving weekend-which could also keep non-student fans away) is going to make having a good crowd a real challenge 

Edited by TSU88

15 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Way to piss on Ed’s thread. At least he’s trying. It’s not like the students have made up most of the crowds lately. If it doesn’t rain, no reason we can’t get at least 5,000.

Realistic. Sorry. 6 days holiday weekend rain. It is what it is. They will also wisely under report attendance 

I did derive pleasure out of the fact that some on the Delaware message board are whining about why, after they beat us, we’re getting a home game & they’re not only being sent on the road, but sent on the road to play JMU. Someone on their board predicted that the attendance for our game will be 2,800. I hope we win, in front of a larger crowd, & they get blown out.

I know I'm going to be there, family and friends of the players will be there, some alums will be there. Hopefully some from the Baltimore area to see Flacco if the weather holds up. We've been getting pretty good non-student crowds this year. Best in years. These kids have made us proud this season even if they didn't play that well in their last two games. If we could finish our last game at home in 2018 with a win, I'll be happy with that.

A home playoff win is a great accomplishment for the program this year. Beyond that the slate of games that could follow will be brutal. South Dakota State, JMU, and North Dakota State all in the same side of the bracket as us. 

I'd be interested to know if they can get the data on how many people tune in via ESPN3. That would be a cool stat to compare vs the attendance of who is at the game.

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Realistic. Sorry. 6 days holiday weekend rain. It is what it is. They will also wisely under report attendance 

Man, you're such a hater.  We just went 7-4 after being picked 10th in the preseason poll.  Just stop bud, enjoy winning.  The majority of you hate on Rob and his brother.  They are far from perfect, I'm aligned.  But we are all aware they were the #1 offense in the league this year while playing the hardest schedule.