• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
etiger

WE need everyone to come to the TU Duquesne game

Will try my darndest - i rarely miss a game. Will be at the beach that morning -!weather may be determining factor. 

I am definitely concerned considering the crazy time of year and the weather situation. 

Missed one home game in 4 years until this one...had to caddie for my son's golf league, but we followed along weekly. Made this game, and it was fun but a bummer. Wife is working next Saturday so what better to do but add four to attendance?

Every effort needs to be made to fill the place. Giving away tickets to Pop Warner teams and other junior programs could be a good community outreach as well as filling the place.

23 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Every effort needs to be made to fill the place. Giving away tickets to Pop Warner teams and other junior programs could be a good community outreach as well as filling the place.

That's the rub though this is an NCAA event not a Towson event. The only reason we sold out in 2011 was that we had Waddell convince a lame duck interim-prez to subsidize the tickets to students through the SGA. So if Towson gave the tix away then they would technically owe the NCAA.

The NCAA also sets the prices.  We get a portion of the gate for hosting the event. Essentially, the NCAA is just using our facility.  However, the university can buy 10k tickets and give them away if they want to.

Here's a popular source article on the process. https://www.houmatoday.com/sports/20181117/nicholls-makes-aggressive-bid-to-host-fcs-playoffs-for-second-straight-year I believe that means we guarantee the non-profit NCAA that they will make at least $30k for the privilege of hosting a game at our facility with their pricing structure. Here's some of what happened in 2011 https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/football/bs-sp-towson-football-playoff-1203-20111202-11-story.htmlhttps://towsontigers.com/news/2011/12/3/Towson_Lehigh_Football_Game_Is_Sold_Out.aspx?path=football

12 hours ago, griggey20 said:

Man, you're such a hater.  We just went 7-4 after being picked 10th in the preseason poll.  Just stop bud, enjoy winning.  The majority of you hate on Rob and his brother.  They are far from perfect, I'm aligned.  But we are all aware they were the #1 offense in the league this year while playing the hardest schedule.

Not sure how I am hating on the team with that statement... They had a great year, and hopefully can keep it going for another few weeks. That still doesnt mean anyone is going to show up Saturday..?

3 hours ago, RundaPower said:

The NCAA also sets the prices.  We get a portion of the gate for hosting the event. Essentially, the NCAA is just using our facility.  However, the university can buy 10k tickets and give them away if they want to.

I don't think that is necessarily a bad idea. The school wastes tons of money on many other initiatives, including employing the SS to stop tailgating.