• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TigerFan54

why we lost 4 of our last 5

Also , I keep hearing well “we were ranked preseason 10th” should be happy to make it to playoffs. Sorry but we haven’t been to playoffs in 5 years. That excuse is over with. The goal every year should be playoffs, if it’s not than there’s an even bigger problem.  We had a decent season saved by Tom Flacco. Hopefully TL hears enough that we finally get some coordinators that know what they are doing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TuTiger10 said:

Exactly, one team adjusted to the rain and one didn’t. Same story over and over. 

Excuse excuse excuse from rob and his supporters. Please don’t ask for a change you will be chastised as rob is king to some on these boards 

Game basically was over when Simpson fumbled on their goal line. If we score TD there, we likely go into the half up 17-0. At that score, Duquesne would likely have had to have been more pass oriented in 2nd half, instead of having the luxury of running the ball down our throats.

Bottom line: it rained on both teams. Duquesne W was no fluke. They might still have blown us out in good weather. The only way we were going to win with this D was in a shootout. We finished at 7-5, going 1-4 in last 5 games. The D must vastly improve or next year will be the same, if not worse 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Excuse excuse excuse from rob and his supporters. Please don’t ask for a change you will be chastised as rob is king to some on these boards 

Even though I'm kind of in the middle, there's no need to bash other people on the boards. They have their opinions and you just call people clowns. He's not going anywhere for another year or two, as they could and should make the playoffs again. How about coming up with some solutions instead of always trying to fire eveyrbody.

Btw, TU should give some kind of reward to those such as me who were hearty (foolish) enough to risk pneumonia and be at the game today.

Bad day for CAA; TU, Elon, Stony Brook & Delaware all bounced.

Well, at least we have basketball to look forward to 😳

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Game basically was over when Simpson fumbled on their goal line. If we score TD there, we likely go into the half up 17-0. At that score, Duquesne would likely have had to have been more pass oriented in 2nd half, instead of having the luxury of running the ball down our throats.

Bottom line: it rained on both teams. Duquesne W was no fluke. They might still have blown us out in good weather. The only way we were going to win with this D was in a shootout. We finished at 7-5, going 1-4 in last 5 games. The D must vastly improve or next year will be the same, if not worse 

Right, we can get on play-calling all day but that fumble changed the game. I don't think Shane had coughed the ball up all year. He might have had one or two but didn't lose those. Duquesne's coach even mentioned that the weather slowed Flacco down even more than his team. Once they got up 7 points, I knew it was over because it started raining even harder. We had a banged-up Shane and they weren't letting Kobe Young just run down their throats. That's the difference. We can't stop anybody in the second half, 

Going 1-4 in the last 5 games is brutal. Most of that is the improved competition. I also think our LBs were worn down as they were on the field forever. They rotate all the DL but not the LBs. I don't really care that the CAA did poorly today. Elon, Delaware and Stony Brook lost on the road. We embarrassed the CAA by losing to an NEC team at home. 

14 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Btw, TU should give some kind of reward to those such as me who were hearty (foolish) enough to risk pneumonia and be at the game today.

Bad day for CAA; TU, Elon, Stony Brook & Delaware all bounced.

Well, at least we have basketball to look forward to 😳

Ambrose always thanks the fans for coming out but he opened the press conference with that. I believe the band was full of alums, not regular students and they were out there all game. Kudos to them.

Our recent history vs the NEC ain’t good (which is troubling in & of itself). 2014 L to CCSU; barely eeked out a W vs St. Francis in 2017, & now today.