• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TigerFan54

why we lost 4 of our last 5

Coach Ambrose made a very brief but very astute and insightful comment after the JMU game which I think can be applied to a lot of our struggles at times.  He said “They’re two inches taller than us across the board.”  While this does not apply to the Duquesne game, the big picture take away is that we’re too often the smaller team.  The guys from JMU and many other CAA schools are built like FBS players, especially their front sevens.  Our recruiting needs to improve, particularly in the area of size.  Speed kills, but we need to win more battles in the trenches.  Some bigger LBs would be a welcomed addition too.  Also, how do we feel about our strength coach(es)?  Are our guys getting stronger and bigger in the offseason as they should be?

Strength coach Jeremy Pick was great but he’s gone. I think they are happy with the current strength coach. You can only do so much when all three linebackers are 5-10 to 6-0. I don't think we're weak, just not very tall and arm length isn't there.