• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TigerFan54

why we lost 4 of our last 5

I hear a lot of talk about how good we'll be next year because so many players are back, but with the same coaching, it's hard to imagine a different outcome. Also, we open at the Citadel -- a tough matchup -- followed by a road game with Maine, which will have its key players back too. Then Nova comes to town, surely with payback on their minds. The Florida trip follows, so the losses could pile up early.  

5 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

I hear a lot of talk about how good we'll be next year because so many players are back, but with the same coaching, it's hard to imagine a different outcome. Also, we open at the Citadel -- a tough matchup -- followed by a road game with Maine, which will have its key players back too. Then Nova comes to town, surely with payback on their minds. The Florida trip follows, so the losses could pile up early.  

Only team that scares me other than Florida is JMU on the road. There's no team that we shouldn't be able to beat if we are slightly better than this season with just about everybody back including the CAA Offensive Player of the Year. Yes, I don't expect major coaching changes, but who knows? I can't imagine TL is happy with this ending and for Rob to earn a longer extension, he better do more than just make the playoffs. He major changes to the staff this year and it worked out pretty well. 

Tiger54, you stole my thunder. I suppose it’s in the DNA of die-hard fans to already start looking to next season the second the current season ends.

I’m also leery of that opener on the road vs Citadel. Maine on the road will be an uphill battle (at least the weather shouldn’t be a factor), Nova is always a challenge for us, & then we have the L in the swamp. Coming out of those 4 games at 2-2 would be a win in my estimation. If we split those 1st 4, we have to finish the last 7 games at 6-1 or 5-2 to make a return to the playoffs 

Edited by TSU88

Well, they were who we thought they were although I was expecting a win. Not too surprising though based on how we ended season. Playcalling,  poor defense, etc. doomed us. We did better than expected so on to next season!

I don't get the lack of optimism for next season with Flacco back but I guess that's why we're Towson fans. Did we even think we'd get more than 4-5 wins this year with the schedule we were playing? Call me glass half full but some guys on this board will never be happy until we win a title.

Mat, I readily confess I’m aglass half empty guy in many aspects, that’s just the way I’m wired I suppose. 

Having said that, I was just ruminating about the degree of difficulty of the 1st 4 games next season. I suppose it’s a way for me to try to move past today. I don’t require we win the national title to be satisfied. I’m happy if we’re a consistent playoff team. But even having made the tourney this year, I have a bad taste in my mouth after getting blown out at home by a NEC team, no matter how underrated they are 

Edited by TSU88

I have no idea what the "fans" are thinking here. Most are already giving basketball a pass this year because we have a below average team. If they had or will make it to post season, Skerry is King of the Hill. He got an eight year contract winning nothing of significance, but RA is held to an entirely different standard.....without a brand new venue to play in. Ambrose gets post season twice in five years, once to a national championship game and you want to get rid of him and do nothing but complain. You don't know how lucky we are to have him. 

Just now, TSU88 said:

Mat, I readily confess I’m a half glass empty guy in many aspects, that’s just the way I’m wired I suppose. 

Having said that, I was just ruminating about the degree of difficulty of the 1st 4 games next season. I suppose it’s a way for me to try to move past today. I don’t require we win the national title to be satisfied. I’m happy if we’re a consistent playoff team. But even having made the tourney this year, I have a bad taste in my mouth after getting blown out at home by a NEC team, no matter how underrated they are 

I said some people are never happy, not you necessarily but when the stink wears off this terrible loss, we'll consider this season a success. That's because they did what nobody on this board thought they would and they bring back almost everybody next season. No reason why we can't get better on both sides of the ball because they were desperate last season and made changes that helped. Now, they are still desperate to get a longer extension unless TL goes nuts and is in the giving spirit of the holidays.

I wish people would read the quotes. Some of them are the same BS, but some interesting ones as well about recruiting. I wish I could have asked him more but we were cut off. 

I for one am not interested in leading a group of disaffected fans to RA’s house, carrying pitchforks & torches. Frankly, I hope he gets another 1-year extension for making the playoffs again next year. For that to happen, he needs to have a good recruiting haul (including FBS transfers). I also think the O & D coordinators ought to be scrutinized. I think it’s fair to suggest we could upgrade in both departments