• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB facing Loyola on Sunday at 6pm (chatting)

Ps.  I think Pat reads the board.  Loved his postgame.  I truly want this man to succeed.  

In my opinion he’s the right guy and still brings a ton of energy to the program.  

Time will tell.  

• Like 2

Just now, Bay Area Tiger said:

Ps.  I think Pat reads the board.  Loved his postgame.  I truly want this man to succeed.  

In my opinion he’s the right guy and still brings a ton of energy to the program.  

Time will tell.  

Yes, you guys figured it out. He does. You know how fans are, start out 1-4 and fire everybody even though I've been saying it was going to be a long season and let's temper expectations. They were picked 10th for a reason but beating Loyola is a start. For some reason, we keep beating local teams. Now Vermont on Friday is much tougher than Loyola. Fobbs might need 40 for us to win that game.

• Thanks 1

Love seeing us score 80+ and win convincingly, even if it’s Loyola. We should never lose to local Baltimore teams. 

All this team needs is time. I trust Pat will get it done. 

Let’s savor this W, especially after the football fiasco yesterday. W’s are likely going to be at a premium this year. 

Ok, some of my random observations from being at tonight’s game:

- Fobbs was fantastic tonight. Not just scoring, but box score has him for 8 boards. I’m inclined to proclaim him best player on the team-he deserves to play 30 minutes a night;

- I still don’t like Howard indiscriminately jacking up 3’s. He’s 12-34 so far this season from 3. I did love that he was $ from the foul line at the end of the game-great stroke on his shot. I want a PG who can get in the lane, draw defenders & kick to open teammates. I don’t think that’s Howard’s game, but he’ll be a decent scorer;

- I thought Sanders had a good game. A near double double & I don’t remember a lot of turnovers. Hoping he can be a 10 & 7 guy;

- McNeil & Thomas had their struggles. I want them to both get their degrees and be successful off the court. On the court, they won’t be missed next season;

- the freshman will get better, but are going to take their lumps this season. Betrand has 2 straight hoops in the 1st half then got benched. Timberlake needs to get stronger & I want to see more of Solomon U. We’re going to need them to step up next season. 

Ok, onto Vermont. A real stern test against a traditionally strong mid-major. 

Timberlake and Betrand both got abused by the Princeton offense on backdoor layups several times in the second half. Skerry had to take them out for McNeill. 

Maybe it’s just me, but it seems like we always struggle against teams who backdoor us.  You do have a point though...if McNeil can’t contribute on the offensive end, maybe he can contribute on D.

McNeill is not Scottie Pippen, Michael Jordan, Gary Payton or Draymond Green. But if he doesn't embarrass you and can stay in front of most guards, he can get by on five years of experience. He'll have some decent scoring games here and there The other guys are just so green that if we want to win games, you can't play through them through all their mistakes.

As for Howard, sure, I'm old school about point guards. I want them to drive and dish but who does he have to dish to other than Fobbs? If we had a legitimate true point guard, I'd like to see him play off the ball. The bigger issue with him are turnovers and defense. 

I concede you have me on your point about Howard. There is no outside shooter other than Fobbs for him to dish to. 

After 6 games (20% of the season basically) he has 20 assists & 13 turnovers.

Edited by TSU88