• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Thanks Everybody

Although I don’t post a lot - it is great that we have this forum - THANK YOU.

Let’s face it - the folks that are on this forum are the most passionate TU fans. I hope to be more active in the future. Hopefully it’s more celebrating and less venting. 

Appreciate it guys. It's been a good but not great season. Weird that it felt stressful even though we don't play or coach the games. Imagine what those guys go through before every game. On the 50th anniversary, we kind of saw it all. From the ups and downs of this program, the great performances and the struggles on defense. Last year, was kind of the opposite as the offense was barely watchable. I think I'm still here after 29 years because this program is like a family. The ups, the downs, the dysfunction, the good decisions, the bad decisions, the tailgates, the lack of tailgates, the students or lack of students at games. There's always something to cover even if it's just 11 games every season (sometimes more).

I'm not a pessimist about next season even though I know the schedule is tough. Having the bye after The Citadel game and after the Florida game is key. We're not far away from being a great team but we're not there yet. They added some seriously big dudes for next season on both lines though I'm sure most will redshirt. 

As bad as that loss feels, it's good to come to place to unload your thoughts and a day later, it still hurts just as bad that we're not playing next week.

Mat, it has been a long road but I do appreciate the work you do, and had a blast following this year's team. As a Brewers fan I have learned to enjoy the journey more than any end destination that it may bring. Hopefully next year's is longer than this one.

Mat, your work is appreciated. I am not a frequent poster, but definitely am a frequent reader and I appreciate having a place like this to consume Towson content and break down the highs and lows of Towson sports. 

20 minutes ago, Blounge said:

I love that this forum exists, If only we had 100 more guys just like Mat. That's a good goal to reach!

we have 134 total members on this site.. We should set a goal to get to 200 by lacrosse season. Everyone tell a friend. 

I love this place! i had a wake alum colleague tell me after the football game; towson is a real sports school because you have an active forum.  That is more than most cupcakes they play.

My only wish is the school promoting us more. I found out about the Zone back in the day by a football game promo

Edited by TheGoldCrotchPiece