• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB Falls to GW on the road, 68-64

12 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I was worried if we were mentally alert enough to play an A-10 team on the road.

Huh?  

1) This ain't the A-10 I grew up with so coach needs to lower the pedestal he placed on the conference a little bit.

2) It was George Stinking Washington a team that is and will be at the bottom of the A-10.  

If George Washington was in our conference they probably would not win it.  How is this team being prepared if the head coach was worried about our mental state to face GW?  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Huh?  

1) This ain't the A-10 I grew up with so coach needs to lower the pedestal he placed on the conference a little bit.

2) It was George Stinking Washington a team that is and will be at the bottom of the A-10.  

If George Washington was in our conference they probably would not win it.  How is this team being prepared if the head coach was worried about our mental state to face GW?  

GW is probably the second worst in Atlantic 19

• Like 1

I’m not sure why some people believe that things are going to be any different next year or the year after....or the year after that.  Virtually every year we will be losing two or three guys to graduation and another couple or so to transfer.  If you’re waiting for roster consistency and stability before Skerry gets us to an NCAA Tourney, you’re going to be waiting a long time.  In this day and age of college hoops it’s the coaches who are best able to adapt to the continual change and roster turnover that succeed the most.  Skerry doesn’t appear to be one of those coaches.  It seems like everything has to be *perfect* and that the stars will have to align just so before he can deliver a championship squad.  Towson will never have the “ideal” lineup....we need a creative coach who can get his players to outperform heir given abilities.  Is that Skerry?

4 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

I’m not sure why some people believe that things are going to be any different next year or the year after....or the year after that.  Virtually every year we will be losing two or three guys to graduation and another couple or so to transfer.  If you’re waiting for roster consistency and stability before Skerry gets us to an NCAA Tourney, you’re going to be waiting a long time.  In this day and age of college hoops it’s the coaches who are best able to adapt to the continual change and roster turnover that succeed the most.  Skerry doesn’t appear to be one of those coaches.  It seems like everything has to be *perfect* and that the stars will have to align just so before he can deliver a championship squad.  Towson will never have the “ideal” lineup....we need a creative coach who can get his players to outperform heir given abilities.  Is that Skerry?

Like a player getting shot 3 days before the conference tournament?  That kind of adapting?  Lots of coaches have to deal with that?

4 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

Like a player getting shot 3 days before the conference tournament?  That kind of adapting?  Lots of coaches have to deal with that?

A month before but still. 

Can anyone name the last Towson player to get more than 6 assists in a D1 game under Skerry? Sad thing, is we have had 2 players get over 7 assists since Skerrys first year.  His first year a PK recruit, Walden actually did it numerous times, which is very surprising because that team was BAD

Well, in all fairness, I don’t think ATL was laying JD being shot at Skerry’s feet. Furthermore, your reply seems to infer that had JD played we would have won the tournament. Maybe we would; maybe not. We’re way beyond that 2016 tournament in any event. 

I often wonder if he is using his players to their max potential. One simple example is why not create open pick plays for Jordan to catch and shoot 3's. Thats his game. Let him do just that. 

17 minutes ago, sr16 said:

I often wonder if he is using his players to their max potential. One simple example is why not create open pick plays for Jordan to catch and shoot 3's. Thats his game. Let him do just that. 

Yes! or run some pick and roll with a lob to Dennis.   Last year especially earlier in the season it drove me NUTS when we would go 10 deep with athletes and not press, a real press, not take 7-8 seconds off the clock press