• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Today’s performance was dreck

5 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

The recurring “it’s a new team” or “it’s a young team” needs to stop. Skerry is the one that put this team together. It is not as if someone on the street to,d him he had to coach a new or inexperienced team. 

If you get extensions when you win, you take the heat when they don’t 

I doubt he told Zane or Justin to transfer, but who knows. I’m not qualified to speak on that situation, but I know he brought both of them in and they would have been a huge help this year. 

Regardless, Skerry needs to figure it out with the players he has. 

Just now, TSU88 said:

Brad, I wholeheartedly agree that it’s awkward, at best, to advocate for a coach to get axed, especially a guy like Skerry who is a great family guy, graduates kids & rescued our program from the abyss. We’re talking livelihoods, I totally get it. But at what point do on-court results supersede all those things? 

I contend that the program is treading water, if not out & out regressed. The “he rescued us from the Pat Kennedy debacle” while true, rings hollow with age now. At the 8-year mark, we’re farther away from winning a regular season conference championship and/or conference tournament as we were when Skerry took over. I defy anyone to tell me different & keep a straight face while telling me.

Agree but in 8 years he has made a good bit of money at Towson and is a great assistant. Head coach? Probably not. We all have limitations and all the athletic staff has took us as far as they can. Thankful for their work and dedication but it’s time for a change 

4 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Brad, I wholeheartedly agree that it’s awkward, at best, to advocate for a coach to get axed, especially a guy like Skerry who is a great family guy, graduates kids & rescued our program from the abyss. We’re talking livelihoods, I totally get it. But at what point do on-court results supersede all those things? 

I contend that the program is treading water, if not out & out regressed. The “he rescued us from the Pat Kennedy debacle” while true, rings hollow with age now. At the 8-year mark, we’re farther away from winning a regular season conference championship and/or conference tournament as we were when Skerry took over. I defy anyone to tell me different & keep a straight face while telling me.

I can’t disagree with this. 

I don’t recall his contract terms, but I’ll be more comfortable with seeing how next year goes before any changes are made. I guess I’m just sympathetic. 

I’d like to think next year (season 9 of the Skerry era I believe) will be the fork in the road year. I really, really, really don’t want to hear “he’s not going anywhere because of the 8-year extension.” I refuse to believe there’s not a buyout clause. 

7 minutes ago, BradTU said:

I can’t disagree with this. 

I don’t recall his contract terms, but I’ll be more comfortable with seeing how next year goes before any changes are made. I guess I’m just sympathetic. 

We’ve been here before with rob and pat. 18-14 and we all are back on the wagon. 2 steps forward 3 back. That may be ok with some of the old timers here but he’s had time to step forward and become a top2-3 program In caa And it hasn’t happened aftee 1-31

he has had all his players and style along with 

new arena 

lesser competion 

Easier  schedule 

more resources 

sorry it only goes so far. The excuses are running out 

4 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’d like to think next year (season 9 of the Skerry era I believe) will be the fork in the road year. I really, really, really don’t want to hear “he’s not going anywhere because of the 8-year extension.” I refuse to believe there’s not a buyout clause. 

If he and rob are still here after next seasons they along with Tim and schatzel should be gone.  We aren’t duke, Texas Alabama or unc but we can’t keep embarrassing  ourselves 

You’re preaching to the choir, as far as basketball goes (I’ll defer my thoughts on football presently).  I’m afraid next season we will be around .500 and everyone will laud him for the great improvement. Next year is season 9. When are we going to win more than 1 game in the conference tournament? When are we going to win the regular season title? When are we going to win the conference tournament? When are we going dancing? This is one stockholder who’s weary of excuses & rationalizations & who wants results 

Edited by TSU88