• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Solutions

Well that was great guys. Thanks for the feedback on the solutions (not). Not saying the staff is going to listen to this but they aren't going to just watch the team fizzle.

Ok, I’ll take a stab st this:

1. I’m down with pressing opponents. Maybe it’ll force some turnovers & lead to more uptempo play. We’re woeful in half court offense anyway;

2. More touches down low for Sanders? Ok. He’s not a bad shooter. More touches for Fobbs in general? Why not? He’s the only guy on the team who’s capable of being anything remotely close to a volume scorer;

3. Start Dottin & Howard, the latter as the 2 guard? Well, if it results in McNeil being benched, I’m all for it. But it leaves us very small at guard & I’m skeptical Howard would be effective as the 2 guard. Of course, he ain’t terribly effective as the 1 guard for that matter;

4. Stay patient with the freshman? Hell, I say play them more. We’re only going to win 3 more games maximum anyway, so what’s to lose? Baptism by fire. Let them take their lumps this year & find out which ones can contribute going forward. Or, we could give more minutes to Alex & McNeil 😳. I’m already on the record as saying I want to see more of Solomon. Ditto for Timberlake. Frankly, Dottin at PG can’t be worse than Howard (although Howard does score some). Selcuk is buried on the bench & Betrand is struggling mightily, but he ain’t going to play his way out of a funk on the bench;

5. You can put anyone you want on this current roster at PG, but not one of them is the solution at that position going forward. It is inexcusable to me that the current coach has failed miserably in his time here in bringing in even an average to above average PG. I challenge anyone to tell me I’m wrong.

Completely understand your frustrations after today’s game and hence the past “3” decades. 

Love the school and want to win.  I had said give the man this season and the next.   However my concern is that just may prolong the agony for all of us. He deserves time with this young group and I guess they will evaluate after conference play.  But if we don’t see progress and momentum built up with this core then sadly I say blow it up this spring.  Get new blood in there...  roll the dice.  

I’ve been an apologist but today none of it made sense truly.  

We have a new arena..  play in a NBA less city...  in the Mid Atlantic where there is plenty of talent to draw from. 

Do we go get a former player like a Tommy Amaker type who played for a major program.   We obviously don’t have a pro alum like a Mullins or Hardaway to choose from unless Gary Neal wants to coach.  

How did Buffalo do it!?  Hurley.  

Feel all your frustration...  

My solution is to spend the $ and go after a name coach...  it’s a 50/50 chance but at this point I’m willing to take it.

Not saying Steve Lavin but someone who has had success at a big program and wants to coach and can take us to the next level.   

I saw Rex Walters clean up a USF program after Jesse Evans (Lute Olsen asst) did some shady stuff...  but then Rex could only take them so far.  Now Kyle Smith has them in the hunt for at large and a chance to finish 2nd behind Gonzaga.

At a loss again...  

Buffalo hung on to Reggie Weatherspoon for 14 seasons, finally cut bait and brought in Bobby Hurley. Hurley got them over the hump, left for a batter gig at Arizona State and now Nate Oats has made them even better.