• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB, Fobbs stun UMBC in double OT, 80-76

My suspension was correct. I found it odd he wasn’t on the bench at UMBC because even if he was injured, Alex & Timberlake, who were injured, were on the bench. 

So now we have 3 open ships for next season (Thomas, McNeil, & now Selcuk). Will there be anymore? 

1 minute ago, TSU88 said:

My suspension was correct. I found it odd he wasn’t on the bench at UMBC because even if he was injured, Alex & Timberlake, who were injured, were on the bench. 

So now we have 3 open ships for next season (Thomas, McNeil, & now Selcuk). Will there be anymore? 

I would suspect a r-freshman and a juco jr (if he graduated early) would be the next two on the move

Not a surprise save for the timing. He was one of those likely to transfer at the end of the year. This is what happens when you pick up guys late in the game because you need bodies. He was going to be behind Solomon, Sanders, Gray, Tunstall and probably Charles Thompson at the 2 post spots next season.

2 minutes ago, BK_Brian said:

Did Timberlake play?  Did not see him in the boxscore and did not see any mention of him in this thread.

He’s injured 

From the “hindsight is 20/20” file, I was kind of underwhelmed with his signing when it was 1st announced. Absolutely wish him the best going forward. 

TUTiger2012 alluded above to whether Drayton and/or Howard will be back year. It’ll be interesting to see how they play out. 

9 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

He’s injured 

With what?

8 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

From the “hindsight is 20/20” file, I was kind of underwhelmed with his signing when it was 1st announced. Absolutely wish him the best going forward. 

TUTiger2012 alluded above to whether Drayton and/or Howard will be back year. It’ll be interesting to see how they play out. 

Can't name names here, we "dont want to hurt the feelings of the players and staff" 😂  But like how I was correct in last year with a forward who left for a school in Texas... you can see the anger and frustration.  The other, doesn't seem like a CAA caliber player yet, but since he already sat out one year..who knows

I don’t see any harm in merely speculating if a particular player (Drayton, for instance) will stick around when it appears he’ll get limited minutes going forward, & he demonstrated against Wesley earlier this year that he can score a bunch of points against lesser competition. But if he wants to stay, I wish him the best in getting his degree. 

As for Howard, let’s face it-the early returns are not good. He’s shooting around 33 or 34% from the field & he has almost as many turnovers as assists. These aren’t low blows, just the facts. But if he wants to stay, god bless & I’ll root for him to get better