• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
El Tigre Oro

5 Years Ago Today

Towson running back and Walter Payton Award finalist Terrance West had the game of his life against Eastern Illinois in the FCS quarterfinals. West carried the ball 39 times for 354 yards and five touchdowns to give the Tigers a 49-39 victory. Jimmy Garoppolo of Eastern Illinois finished with two passing touchdowns and two rushing touchdowns.

FCS Quarterfinal: West carries Towson to victory

• Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 1:46 PM, TSU88 said:

The most dominant performance I’ve ever seen by a RB at any level, bar none.

Tony Vinson rushed for 364 yards (if memory serves) against Bucknell in 1993, though that game had fewer repercussions for us and the competition was weaker than Eastern Illinois. Still, it was an impressive display that I never expected to see again. And then came Terrence.

3 hours ago, TigerFan54 said:

Tony Vinson rushed for 364 yards (if memory serves) against Bucknell in 1993, though that game had fewer repercussions for us and the competition was weaker than Eastern Illinois. Still, it was an impressive display that I never expected to see again. And then came Terrence.

Tony was 6-2, 225 and was a track star at Purdue. He was a tremendous athlete and unstoppable at this level. The O-line was also outstanding back then. I think we would have done great against the CAA but T-West was just at another level, especially in his junior year when he became a better all-around player.